Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a fix.

Using p#74 T_sermon it Changes USB Plug in behavior!:
Not Serial ??? @ millis=400
Teensy Serial Online !!! @ millis=531

T:\tCode\_TEENSY_INFO\StartPrint\StartPrint.ino Mar 9 2018 09:06:23
YES Serial !!!

Interesting to see the PC buffers the early messages.

Upload restart better but still looks like this - perhaps this is the handoff delay after Upload/restart?:
Not Serial ??? @ millis=1401
Not Serial ??? @ millis=1901
Teensy Serial Online !!! @ millis=2130

T:\tCode\_TEENSY_INFO\StartPrint\StartPrint.ino Mar 9 2018 09:07:55
YES Serial !!!

Faster Teensy online under 400 ms will be nice.

Is that online at 2130 ms using the "Teensy" part of the Ports menu, or the old "Serial" part? If you select from the Serial section, the old delays are used. The fast stuff is only used when you select from the Teensy part.

These last couple days I've been working on speeding up compile times. There's 2 main changes coming. I've hacked the Arduino build process to turn Arduino.h into a precompiled Arduino.h.gch header. This makes C++ compiling go faster, if the first header included is <Arduino.h>. The other change is removing #include <algorithm> in wiring.h.

I've been doing quite a lot of speed testing on all 3 systems.

Together these make a nice speedup, especially on Mac and Linux. Windows gets faster too, but I can't seem to do anything about the huge overhead Windows seems to have starting the compiler. It always runs slower than Mac & Linux.

Sounds great! Will give it a try, but it may have to wait until Tomorrow.

If you are trying to setup a new release, should I try to get some of the USB Host stuff ready?

a) easily right now I could setup to take in the XBox-one wireless support. There was the start of Bluetooth support in that branch which I should remove and move the Bluetooth stuff to new top level branch (currently it is child of the wireless one...)

b) Bluetooth: more longer term, although could cobble a version that maybe creates a keyboard object or a Joystick. Stick working on this part, but also have other projects going on (like finally doing something with my Well monitoring...)

If you are trying to setup a new release, should I try to get some of the USB Host stuff ready?

I already packaged up beta3. Going to do more testing here after a little sleep, in case I made any big embarrassing mistakes. Planning to upload it tonight.

Let's plan on getting USB host updates into beta4. Assuming all these IDE changes are becoming stable, I'd like to roll up lots of smaller updates into beta4 in about 1 week, and maybe a beta5 shortly after... with a goal of a final 1.42 release near the end of March.

Is that online at 2130 ms using the "Teensy" part of the Ports menu, or the old "Serial" part? If you select from the Serial section, the old delays are used. The fast stuff is only used when you select from the Teensy part.

FYI: Looking to test that - Tools menu was not responsive ... Did not load new version yet. [<edit>: just read - not a new version out yet ]
I found this in TaskMan with no open apps: StuckProcesses.PNG

<Had to close EDGE and restart to upload image - machine has been up 10 days of abuse>

Perhaps that was the SerMon and not T_sermon as I was swapping. Using the prior fixes3 and T_sermon I got times from 400 ( i.e. ON Entry ) up to 540 ms:
Not Serial ??? @ millis=400
Teensy Serial Online !!! @ millis=473

T:\tCode\_TEENSY_INFO\StartPrint\StartPrint.ino Mar 11 2018 12:51:01
YES Serial !!!

{ having the path\sketch printed helped me find the sketch - also nice when picking up a random Teensy to re-use }

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back