CSAC + Teensy

WMXZ

I would like to condition the Teensy 3.6 Xtal with a CSAC SA.45s (Chip Scale Atomic Clock)
The CSAC gives me 10MHz signal and obviously a PPS.

The teensy will be used in variable temperature environments (0 to 20 deg. Celsius) so I expect that its Xtal will change significantly and consequently the audio sampling rate. I would like to keep this sampling rate as constant as possible.

There are some discussions on temperature stability of RTC but I do not recall a discussion on conditioning the 16 MHz xtal with a high precision external signal (GPS or otherwise).

I know that I can pull the Xtal frequency somewhat by adding internal capacitors but has someone already done it and can share experience?.

Perhaps a simple "oven" is an option?

You could place a (mechanical) large resistor over the crystal, isolate it thermally well, and realize a temperature control on the teensy in parallel? I would go to >40 degrees Celsius.

I would like to condition the Teensy 3.6 Xtal with a CSAC SA.45s (Chip Scale Atomic Clock)
The CSAC gives me 10MHz signal and obviously a PPS.

The teensy will be used in variable temperature environments (0 to 20 deg. Celsius) so I expect that its Xtal will change significantly and consequently the audio sampling rate. I would like to keep this sampling rate as constant as possible.

There are some discussions on temperature stability of RTC but I do not recall a discussion on conditioning the 16 MHz xtal with a high precision external signal (GPS or otherwise).

I know that I can pull the Xtal frequency somewhat by adding internal capacitors but has someone already done it and can share experience?.
I know this is a super old post... but did you ever figure out how to condition a teensy with a SA.45s CSAC? I'd love to get some more information if this is something that you've done.

Did not continue that work, as the CSAC I had on loan did not keep vacuum for temperature > 30° C.
Also, I was not sure if the required PLL would be sufficient phase jitter free.

Back