3.6/3.5 Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the product page for the 3.5/3.6 gives the basic "Actual size is 2.4 by 0.7 inch". There are 3D models contributed by others if you need more precise measurements.

Yeah but I wondered if there was an official PJRC version - e.g with row spacing, USB socket protrusion etc.

Yeah but I wondered if there was an official PJRC version - e.g with row spacing, USB socket protrusion etc.

+1 vote for board outline drawing official on the web site. It amazes me how good the Teensy hw and sw is, but then buries it under their horrible website, or simply doesn't document it.

I agree completely. Was hoping to get it integrated on componentsearchengine.com so easy diptrace/eagle adding but without dimensions it's a no go.

Note: there are several Eagle libraries for the T3.5/6 including one mentioned up at: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/eagle_lib.html

As for Diptrace I have my over easy version, but you can also simply use the Eagle to Diptrace conversion stuff with the different libraries. There have also been some 3D images made images made of these chips as well. I have a quick and dirty version I did with 3D Fusion which was good enough for my purposes...

Example:
T3.6-RPI-Hat-V2.jpg

Again there are better versions out there, but my STEP file:

Forgot to mention: Again there is lots more information in the thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/34808-K66-Beta-Test?p=106291&viewfull=1#post106291

Like many I do wish more of this information would make it into something easier to find, like website, Sticky thread, or wiki...

Attachments

• Teensy 3.6 v3.zip
    220.1 KB · Views: 183
Yeah, that page and many other need work. But so do lots of other things. At this moment my dev cycles are going into the ports menu & serial monitor improvements, which are beta testing now.

The reality of Teensy and other dev boards, even Arduino, is there's never enough dev time for everything everyone wants. Sometimes it's incredibly frustrating, as if there isn't any dev time for anything. The long term trends, products with vastly more features & technical capability, with low prices and selling in a highly competitive market, all add up to much more developer time needed but only limited ability to invest that time. Yet we do have pretty good steady forward progress, even if it usually feels slow & incomplete at the time.

Anyway, please know dimensions page is on my list. But that list is very long. Resources are always limited. I must prioritize.

I believe anyone who's followed this forum for any length of time can tell you the most frequently asked question variations of "not seeing serial port" (in Arduino's Tools menu). Not installing the Linux udev rules is probably #2, mostly because experienced Linux users never get any visual indication non-Serial stuff is in play, use familiar old-school unix group/permission settings only for serial devices. I'm optimistic this work is going to soon bear fruit, and with any luck everyone will get a better experience and it might even free up some time normally spent helping people figure out how to see whether their board is working.

From adafruit: 3.5 62.3mm x 18.0mm x 4.2mm / 2.5" x 0.7" x 0.2"
and 3.6 is 2.4 by 0.7 inch.
There is no official documentation for that. Probably because many folks don't simply care. I hope official docs will soon update the information.

Perhaps if Paul would share the artwork, pads only + outline, from the bottom layer of these boards, someone could create a good footprint / mechanical drawing for all to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back