Teensy 3.2 RX1 and TX1 connecting with Tsunami Super Wav Trigger TX0 and RX1 FTDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_

Hello,
sorry, but i can't get an answer of my question, if it is possible to connect the Teensy 3.2 serial RX1 and TX1 with the Tsunami Super Wav Trigger FTDI serial TX0 and RX1, without damaging the Tsunami super Wav Trigger.
Because i read that the Teensy 3.2 TX and RX ports have TTL logic. And the important statement about the Tsunami Super Wav Trigger is: " It is very important to know that this is a 3.3V device, and its inputs – including triggers and serial RX – are not 5V tolerant!"
If it is not possible to connect, as described above, how can i connect the RX1 and the TX1 of the Teensy (because i need the Micro-USB Port of the Teensy to connect with the PC) with the Tsunami?
Thank you very much.

with kind regards
Erik

If you had well studied the data sheet and the reference manual of the Teensy 3.2 (both available on the PJRC website), you would have found that the Teensy 3.2 is a 3.3V device, too, and thus, the output levels are in fact 3.3V. No danger for your Tsunami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back