Problem with built-in SD card on Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

edringel

Hi all,
Simple question.
Trying to use some of the example sketches for the SD card functionality on Teensy 3.6. Comments indicate that I need to set the chipSelect variable to BUILTIN_SDCARD. However, BUILTIN_SDCARD does not appear to be defined anywhere. Am I missing something?
Thanks.
Ed

Just guessing here as you did mention what code you are using, like which library.

But in cases like this, it often is an issue where you have some other version of the SD library in your <Arduino Sketch folder>/libraries folder, which does not have this functionality. Teensyduino installs a version in the:
<where you installed Arduino>/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/ folder (or equivalent depending on what OS you are on), but the one in the <arduino Sketch folder> will be used...

If this is the case, try removing the other version.

Hi KurtE,
Yes, an additional library was the problem. I was a bit surprised that the offending library was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries than in my \Documents\Arduino\libraries directory. I kinda thought the system kept track of that. However, the compiler is now satisfied.
Now I just need to get the thing to work...
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back