Runtime errors maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote a quite complex code for a clock application. I have the very sporadic situation the teensy 3.2 stops working in a random situation. After disconnecting and reconnectiong the teensy from the 5VDC source, it works again. I don't know the cause for that behaviour and it seems not so easy to find it anyway. It is unimportant for the application why and when it stopped. Is there a possibility to trap the stop somehow and trigger a controller reset somehow? That would do.

Either you respect the Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue! so that others can have a look and find the cause of the crashing (in 80% it's reading or writing beyond array boundaries)

Or you keep the bug in your software and activate the watchdog timer to restart the Teensy in case of failure.

Is there a possibility to trap the stop somehow and trigger a controller reset somehow?

You could try using the watchdog timer. Whether that's wise, especially if this is an unknown software bug, is a good question. But you asked if it's possible, so there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back