Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Runtime errors maybe

Runtime errors maybe

I wrote a quite complex code for a clock application. I have the very sporadic situation the teensy 3.2 stops working in a random situation. After disconnecting and reconnectiong the teensy from the 5VDC source, it works again. I don't know the cause for that behaviour and it seems not so easy to find it anyway. It is unimportant for the application why and when it stopped. Is there a possibility to trap the stop somehow and trigger a controller reset somehow? That would do.

Either you respect the Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue! so that others can have a look and find the cause of the crashing (in 80% it's reading or writing beyond array boundaries)

Or you keep the bug in your software and activate the watchdog timer to restart the Teensy in case of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphberner View Post
    Is there a possibility to trap the stop somehow and trigger a controller reset somehow?
    You could try using the watchdog timer. Whether that's wise, especially if this is an unknown software bug, is a good question. But you asked if it's possible, so there you have it.