Long SD Filenames for Audio library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,

I am trying to use long filenames for my application and can not get SDfat (which supports this) to work without creating conflicts with Audio library. I tried replacing SD with SDfat in play_sd_raw and play_sd_wav but there are many more dependencies that are affected.

Is this doable? I saw several threads about replacing the SD library but not specifically if there is a solution to allow use of folders and long filenames with the audio shield SD card reader?

Tiran

Folks,

I am trying to use long filenames for my application and can not get SDfat (which supports this) to work without creating conflicts with Audio library. I tried replacing SD with SDfat in play_sd_raw and play_sd_wav but there are many more dependencies that are affected.

Is this doable? I saw several threads about replacing the SD library but not specifically if there is a solution to allow use of folders and long filenames with the audio shield SD card reader?

Tiran

I fear there is no other way than to make a copy of the Audio library to your documents folder and to replace all mentions of SD with SDfat manually. It is not used very often and by a few files only.

I haven’t tried copying it locally. When making the two changes in the original library location I ran it to lots of trouble. Eg there are variables of type File which is not called SdFile and once I make those chianges a lot more breaks.

I haven’t tried copying it locally. When making the two changes in the original library location I ran it to lots of trouble. Eg there are variables of type File which is not called SdFile and once I make those chianges a lot more breaks.

Did you ever get this working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back