[queued] RA8875 CW monitor with 5" TFT display acts as a monitor

pd0lew

Hi all,

For big TFT displays it's rather difficult to scroll text without delay when we talk about LiberationMono fonts size 28, however for the RA8875 dual layer is this an easy job.

My setup is a Teensy 3.2 and a 5" RA8875 TFT SPI display from Buydisplay.com and my CW decoder produces the serial data stream.

The CW serial signal comes from a Teensy-3.6 pin 0 (TX1) and send the serial stream to the serial input of the Teensy-3.2 pin 0 (RX1).

In my small project I use 46 characters and 8 lines of text however we can add more lines but in my case I need some space for some speed and tuning indicators not in the sketch.

The nice part is the we not breaking the word in parts if we are on the end of the line but copy the word in front of the line to get it nice readable line.

Connections RA8875 TFT.

Teensy 3.2 TFT connections

MISO to Teensy pin 8
SCLK to Teensy pin 14
MOSI to Teensy pin 7
CS to Teensy pin20
RESET 255 //Not used

Remember the display draws about 500mA at 5V.

RA8875 Connections.PNG

Dual.jpg

For more information about the CW decoder please look at

https://groups.io/g/RadioStuff

Also thanks to Ron and Loftur.

Best regards,
Johan Holstein

Attachments

• RA8875_MON.zip
    2 KB · Views: 264
RA8875 monitor program included with RA8875-0.70 library and fonts.

Cleanup and small adjustments now included with the RA8875-0.70 library and Liberation mono fonts.

Hi all,

For big TFT displays it's rather difficult to scroll text without delay when we talk about LiberationMono fonts size 28, however for the RA8875 dual layer is this an easy job.

My setup is a Teensy 3.2 and a 5" RA8875 TFT SPI display from Buydisplay.com and my CW decoder produces the serial data stream.

The CW serial signal comes from a Teensy-3.6 pin 0 (TX1) and send the serial stream to the serial input of the Teensy-3.2 pin 0 (RX1).

In my small project I use 46 characters and 8 lines of text however we can add more lines but in my case I need some space for some speed and tuning indicators not in the sketch.

The nice part is the we not breaking the word in parts if we are on the end of the line but copy the word in front of the line to get it nice readable line.

Connections RA8875 TFT.

Teensy 3.2 TFT connections

MISO to Teensy pin 8
SCLK to Teensy pin 14
MOSI to Teensy pin 7
CS to Teensy pin20
RESET 255 //Not used

Remember the display draws about 500mA at 5V.

View attachment 13373

View attachment 13374

For more information about the CW decoder please look at

https://groups.io/g/RadioStuff

Also thanks to Ron and Loftur.

Best regards,
Johan Holstein

Attachments

• RA8875_MON.zip
    351.3 KB · Views: 327
Back