Teensy 3.1 -> Ableton Push Display Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Push2 expects an USB host at the other end. No Teensy (besides the T3.6 on its secondary USB port) has USB host capabilities. You'd either go for the T3.6 or trickle with an external USB host shield and an adapted library.

thank you for the quick response!
could an teensy+RasPi also be an option?

You should perhaps describe first what you want exactly to do. The Push2 is not only a display but a full Midi controller, intended to work with a DAW. For the moment, impossible to see what a Teensy could or should do there.

well the midi part is not such a problem.
I have an model of a complicated mathematical drum machine. I'm syning, computing and sending data out. and teensy handles it very brave!
but i need a controller and a view. the view should be also be able to plot in realtime(sort of).
a small TFT- display is not an option since I would like to tweak parameters in realtime during performance. and most importantly - seeing what I'm doing..
a tougth of an array of encoders, buttons and oled displays. (oleds are nicely bright!)
and why spending nearly same amount of money to build it all by myself? and the whole action with soldering, etc..
and there is such a controller/view out there, like push.
so i was thinking...

or how would you approach this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back