Midi Foot Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velouria

Very new to Teensy and building my own Midi controller and yet i have managed to put together a three footswitch controller with a Teensy LC outputting CC over USB which works with my computer and iPad (via a camera connection kit).

Sadly the only thing it does not work with is my Focusrite iTrack Dock (which only has a USB Midi port), despite the Teensy being a Midi Class Compliant device.

After puzzling on how to resolve this i realised that i can hook up a USB to Midi adapter which is recognised by the iTrack and convert the footswitch controller to output via a 5 pin DIN and use the Teensy USB port for charging the device.

I spotted this today which i at first thought would do the job with only cable connections required however now i am unsure after looking at the schematic whether it is compatible with the 3.3v Teensy LC. Am i wrong in this thinking?

Also by using the USB port for charging would i need to separate VIN from VUSB? (i suspect not but just thought i would check)

It's compatable if you solder the jumper and feed it 5v power.

A voltage divider is formed to drop the signal to a safe level when the jumper is closed.

It's a long way to go to talk to that box!

Oh it is indeed a long way to go to talk to the iTrack however having a usable footswitch allows me to use it on stage and have balanced audio connections.

So if i have this right the connections will be as follows:

VIN to 5V
Ground to 0V
RX* to Midi In
TX* to Midi Out

Jumper soldered on breakout board

*Take it i can use any of the other RX/ TX Pins as i have already assigned and soldered footswitch connections...

Excellent... Now to wait for the breakout board to be delivered. Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back