Disconnecting from I2C bus possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headroom

I am building a simple test rig for I2C controlled devices (LED drivers) that I can control from TouchOSC. The TouchOSC/WiFi/Bonjour and I2C parts are already working, but what I am wondering is whether I can safely disconnect a device from the I2C bus without having to power down the test rig.

Is it enough not to transmit anything while connecting/disconnecting, or is there a way to temporarily disable the I2C hardware on Teensy boards ?

I am building a simple test rig for I2C controlled devices (LED drivers) that I can control from TouchOSC. The TouchOSC/WiFi/Bonjour and I2C parts are already working, but what I am wondering is whether I can safely disconnect a device from the I2C bus without having to power down the test rig.

Is it enough not to transmit anything while connecting/disconnecting, or is there a way to temporarily disable the I2C hardware on Teensy boards ?

As long as you are not transmitting to the device, Teensy/device do not know that there exist a connection.
Not exactly the same problem, but I switch ics0 from the 16/17 pair to the 33/34 pair to talk to two different devices, with possibly the same address.

As long as you are not transmitting to the device, Teensy/device do not know that there exist a connection.
Not exactly the same problem, but I switch ics0 from the 16/17 pair to the 33/34 pair to talk to two different devices, with possibly the same address.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll see if I get this running and report back if successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back