Teensyduino installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagha

Hi,

I am trying to install teensyduino 1.41. When I select the location of arduino, the "next" option isn't activated. This is what i get.

Screenshot (68).png
Screenshot (69).png

I had previously installed Arduino 1.8.5 which teensyduino 1.41 is supposed to support. Can someone help me with this?

The simplest solution is probably to just reinstall Arduino. Make sure you get the EXE installer, not the Windows Store version.

If you want to dig into this problem, the next step would involve looking to see what's actually in that C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino folder. Every copy of Arduino is supposed to have a "lib" folder, and inside that folder should be "version.txt". The installer says it doesn't see that file. Can you see it if you look in that folder?

I reinstalled Arduino. Checked the "lib" folder. It contains "version.txt". But i am still facing the same problem. What do i do now?

Also these days, I prefer to download zip file version and install outside the program files area.

And as mentioned if you are using a virus package it might be interfering with install.

Does it make a difference whether to let IE run it automatically after download, versus save and then click on it from Windows Explorer?

If so (at least one other person reported this recently), maybe I'll need to look into some way to detect the difference and show something more helpful than just not being able to access the lib/versions.txt file.

I was able to successfully install teensyduino. This time I used Arduino 1.8.2 instead of Arduino 1.8.5.
Now I want to interface ESP8266 with teensy 3.6. But every time I run a code to do so, i get an error stating "espcomm_upload_mem failed". How do i get past this?

... How do i get past this?

It's generally a good idea to post details and photos about your project and the code that is giving errors.
(See the "Forum Rule:" in red at the top of the page)

It's really the only way anyone can give meaningful help without just guessing at solutions.

To post formatted code use the # icon and place your code between the markers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back