Teensyduino installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagha

Hi,

I am trying to install teensyduino 1.41. When I select the location of arduino, the "next" option isn't activated. This is what i get.

Screenshot (68).png
Screenshot (69).png

I had previously installed Arduino 1.8.5 which teensyduino 1.41 is supposed to support. Can someone help me with this?

A least a couple people have reported a problem where the installer runs in some strange mode where it can't access stuff in C:\Program Files, even though it's able to see the files. So far, I don't fully understand why this happens. Really hoping you can help with some feedback when this get solved?

The best guess so far is running the installer directly from downloading by Internet Explorer puts it in this strange mode. (but this is guessing backed on really vague comments from only 1 person... very hard to get people to tell us any reliable info when they get this working)

If you're letting IE run it automatically, please save the installer, then run it. Does that help? If not, try running by right clicking and choose to run as admin. But please try the non-admin run by clicking on it from your Downloads folder. Any insight about which ways do & don't work could really help us to help everyone else in the future.

Please also let us know which version & build of Windows you have. To check on Windows 10, click the Start button, then the Settings icon, then System, and About. Scroll down to "Windows specifications" and it should show "Version". My my Windows 10 test machine Version shows "1709" and OS Build shows "16299.371".

I don't see this since I always install IDE with unzip to a version specific directory on a secondary drive - so I can't say for sure where it is being blocked. "C:\Program Files ..." is a protected folder to keep installed app code safe - varies by windows version to some degree.

A downloaded app may be marked as 'Blocked' that will show on tab content with : right click properties / 'Advanced' button . If 'Blocked' that check mark needs to be corrected to run.

Easy way to get "WinVer" is : Win_Start_Key+R to open "Run" dialog then type 'winver' and it will show Windows version info.

If the App is a trusted download and not marked 'Blocked' - then right click 'Run as administrator' should get it up with permissions to write to the protected folder.

Good or Bad - please note what happened. I'm Win 10 only and as done none of this, with my security, stops me - except when a download is marked as 'Blocked'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back