Teensy as I2S Slave-- frame size question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Paul, for switching to 64-bit frame size for I2S master mode. I tried and failed to get that working a few years back.

Does this change also apply to I2S slave mode? That would be nice.

I've committed a change to the audio library to use 64 bit frame size for I2S master mode. Hopefully this will allow these microphone chips to work "out of the box".

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/commit/dc825828e615cdf0cd6ee49d4a947343d3beaff4

Please give the latest code a try, if you're using any of these chips. Or if pulling from github isn't your thing, this change will be in 1.38-beta2 coming in a day or two.

Thank you Paul, for switching to 64-bit frame size for I2S master mode. I tried and failed to get that working a few years back.

Does this change also apply to I2S slave mode? That would be nice.

What do you mean by this question?
If Paul has implemented the change also for I2S slave? I would look into the code to see what Paul has done.
If someone has successfully used this modification in slave mode? I do not know, but you can easily try.

I know that the switch from master to slave is not related to the changes implemented by Paul.
Also note, that the changes does not imply that input_i2s data stream is now 32 bit wide, it is still 16 bit (again check the code).
if you wanted to have access to all 32 bits of an I2S word, you have to write your own driver, which is easy and has been presented also on this forum.

Yes, I am asking if the SCLK/BCLK ratio change was made for I2S slave mode as well as I2S master mode in the current release. Sorry if that was not a clear and simple question to you, @WMXZ.

If it wasn't addressed, or there are still other known issues using I2S slave mode , it would be nice to hear about that from the forum.

I'm aware of the 16 bit convention and that is not a problem for my application.

Thanks,
~alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back