Teensy 3.0 read out flash contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnodoggo

I have just inherited responsibility for a production test solution that uses a Teensy 3.0 to provide an interface to the unit under test. The previous developer did not use source control for the Teensy source code and left what I assume is the .ino file used to program the Teensy in the test solution on a network drive. I have now been tasked with getting the Teensy source code into a configuration control tool and need to verify that the .ino file I have found is the one used to program the Teensy. One possible way to do this would be to read the contents of the Flash from the Teensy and compare it with the hex file generated during programming (following some file conversion using LabVIEW), however I am struggling to find a way to read the contents of the Flash without modifying the Teensy to allow access to the JTAG / EZPORT on the uP. I really do not want to start cutting tracks / lifting pins and soldering onto the only working module that I have! Is there any way of doing this via the USB port?

Unless the original user code added it as a feature it is supposed to be pretty hard to pull code from a teensy. Certainly the USB bootloader does not include it. Are you luck enough that a look at the ino indicates some form of version reporting on boot to UART or USB serial?

Many thanks for your response. Unfortunately no version indication at all in the ino. I figured that it might be an issue reading back from the Teensy, so have just purchased another Teensy 3.2. I will have to program it with the ino that I've found on the network and try it with the test solution. If it works, I will assume that the ino is the one originally used and configure it. If it doesn't work, I'll have to unpick the PC software that communicates with it, try to reconcile it with the UUT Interface Spec and rewrite the Teensy code. I guess the lesson is to include version register that can be read over Flash as a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back