Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: "Flight Sim Controls + Joystick" non-functional on Teensy 3.2 and 3.6

"Flight Sim Controls + Joystick" non-functional on Teensy 3.2 and 3.6

User PeeWeeSweden made a post back in September 2017 about this issue.

Can confirm it's also the case on Teensy 3.6 - if you select "Flight Sim Controls + Joystick" the Teensy plugin won't recognize flight sim controls are connected whatsoever, but works fine on just "Flight Sim Controls"

I know this feature is new to the Teensy 3 line, I was just really looking forward to simplifying/expanding my setup when I ran into this road block. Far as I know I'm on the 1.0 version of the (XPlane) plugin, is there a newer version? I think I'm on the latest teensyduino version too, as I just downloaded it recently.

To Reproduce:
    Any sketch including "bare minimum" sample code
    Select "Flight Sim Controls" at upload and it shows as connecting and disconnecting in plugin on XPlane
    Select "Flight Sim Controls + Joystick" at upload and the joystick works flawlessly when implemented, but the XPlane plugin sees nothing.
    Last edited by pilotplater; 04-14-2018 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Add detail

Which version of Teensyduino are you using? Click Help > About in Arduino to check.

A bug affecting flight sim with floats on Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 was recently fixed, so this could matter if you have less than 1.41...

Currently at 1.41 and Arduino 1.8.5

Seems like that's the latest supported right?

Thanks for the quick response!

I see there was something that changed in 1.42 beta 1 about FlightSimFloat - think I'll give the latest beta a try today to see what it does.

Bug still appears to be present in 1.42 beta 3. Flight Sim Controls works but not Flight Sim Controls + Joystick

Is the problem only with Teensy 3.6? Or are all 3.x boards affected?

Oh, I think I see what's happening here. The plugin wasn't ever updated to look for PID 0x04D9 (or 0x0476).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Is the problem only with Teensy 3.6? Or are all 3.x boards affected?
    Just ran a test on my Teensy 3.2 and yes this problem is on 3.2, and also 3.6 as before. Don't have other 3.x gen boards to test.

Tried it on our faster sim computer and it's actually surprisingly quick for xPlane to recognize the joystick, but Teensy plugin for xPlane doesn't see it when using "Flight Sim Controls + Joystick" mode. Also tried "All of the above" with the same result - joystick component detected, sim plugin can't find Teensy.

the PIDs sound promising!
    Last edited by pilotplater; 04-25-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Oh, I think I see what's happening here. The plugin wasn't ever updated to look for PID 0x04D9 (or 0x0476).
    I'm happy to test a beta version of the plugin for you Paul if you don't have xPlane set up. I think we're on 10.31, but could update to 10.50 for testing too.

I changed the PID number in the latest beta. Maybe that will solve the problem?

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/52525...no-1-42-Beta-6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TzWjrAO.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	13909
    it works