PCB with Audio Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrappaport

Hello all,

First post! I am building a polyphonic synthesizer using the audio library and audio adapter. I am at the stage now where I would like to produce a custom PCB. I understand that Paul Stoffregen is hesitant to give advice when it comes to custom boards, but before I finish up the design I would like to ask what I think is probably an easy question.

I am going to be using an eagle library part for the Teensy 3.6 and soldering the whole board to my custom PCB. I would, however, like to embed the audio adapter functionality directly into my custom PCB. This first iteration of my synthesizer does not make use of the SD card, line in/line out, or microphone input to the SGTL5000. Is there any reason why I cannot simply ignore those connections?

For example, on the SGTL5000, connect HPR (pin2) HPL (pin6) and HPVGND (pin4) to a headphone out jack and leave pins 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 unconnected?

Since there is no use of an SD card or external flash memory chip, can I simply leave off those sections of the schematic as well? (Not connecting teensy pins 6, 7, 10, 12, and 14 to the SD card and W25Q128FV). For reference, I am basing the circuitry of the SGTL5000 and surrounding components on the schematic from this website.

I don't see any reason why I can't simplify the schematic in this way, but maybe I am missing something. Thank you for any help you can give me. Love the audio library and board by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back