Three cheers for Daniel Gilbert's Teensy 3.2 Breakout board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctordien

Three cheers for Daniel Gilbert's Teensy 3.2 Breakout board!

It's not often that I feel compelled to announce my admiration for a product, but I must tell you that Daniel Gilbert's Teensy 3.2 breakout board is just outstanding.

It's a board that the Teensy 3.2 permanently mounts to, increasing the footprint of the Teensy to 2.4" x 0.9". Considering that the Teensy is, well, teensy, the small size increase is not a big deal.

What IS a big deal is that the pads on the bottom of the Teensy are now brought out to the edge of the breakout board. Now all the pins of the Teensy are readily accessible. I wanted those pins! Now I can have them.

www.tall-dog.com. $12. Worth every cent!

As nice as the board is, I wonder whether to get the extra pins, whether it would be easier to just get the Teensy 3.5 or 3.6. Of course, if you need even more pins, Daniel does have breakout boards for the 3.5/3.6 to bring out the bottom pins on those boards.

I must admit I own 2 iterations of the Tall Dog boards (rev A and B I think), but so far, I haven't trusted my soldering skills enough to tackle soldering the connector on the bottom of the 3.2 to attach the Teensy to the board. It is nice that the latest generation (rev D) of the board has an on/off switch, and power rails along both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back