Teensy 3.6 led not glowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagha

Hi,

I am trying to conduct an experiment using teensy 3.6 microcontroller and teensy audio board. I have a working code. The circuit was working perfectly till yesterday. But today when I plug in the usb from laptop to the microcontroller, the led indicating that the microcontroller is powered does not glow. I checked voltage at the Vin and 3.3V pin. It gives the required output. But the system doesn't work, even though the code is successfully uploaded. I tried changing the usb cord as well. What do I do next?

Thank you.

Anagha

There is no default LED lit on a T_3.6. Please show your code - unless the program enables the pin 13 output and sets it high the LED is expected to stay off.

Please try a simple blink program to confirm the program is uploading and functional. There are other examples - but this code can be pasted to work.

Please re-read prior post. ... No, only if a sketch is programmed to power the LED will it light (unless the pin is connected and powered externally).

When new from package until re-programmed it will power up and blink the LED .

@defragster: As written in the OP, it's a project with a Teensy and an audio board. Doesn't the latter use pin 13 for audio data which would make the LED glow when flowing?

@defragster: As written in the OP, it's a project with a Teensy and an audio board. Doesn't the latter use pin 13 for audio data which would make the LED glow when flowing?

Audio moves SCLK to pin_14 for SPI :: SD Card USED::7, 10, 12, 14 Shareable::7, 12, 14 (other SPI chips)

It does use PIN_13 for RX of ?? - but if that 'RX' isn't running the light won't indicate.

My guess was a busted/different sketch if behavior stopped/changed how it was working, thus suggesting a fresh BLINK sketch to confirm 'Normal' operation. It may be fried.

Bottom line - "Teensy 3.6 led not glowing" can be normal - unless the code makes use of that pin and it gets set ON, re: "led would glow. Isn't that how it should normally be? "

<edit>: There is more we might want to know than we do know about this: Was anything else connected or soldered, Is there any USB output or other sign of life, what sketch, can it be re-programmed, what OS, IDE, Teensyduino versions.

First step would be a usable Blink that provides known values for some of those - it should blink, there will be USB output ( if USB Type: Serial used for compile )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back