Errors with any Teensy project in Visual Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

In transitioning from the Arudino IDE to Visual Studio for Arduino programming (because intellisense), and every program put in the Teensy 3.6 mode results in numerous errors in cmath, WProgram, _intsup, cstdlib, xtgmath and corecrt_terminate. There's about 52 errors in total. I've done this on another computer with no problems, but this install seems to have some major difficulties with the Teensy. If I switch to any other board, like the yún or uno, I don't get the same errors. Here is a sample of a just-created project:

testscreenshotteensyVS.jpg

I am using Visual Micro. They don't really have instructions (except for the outdated 1.0 version) besides install it and then set it to your board. I did the same thing as on my other device, which worked fine, but this device (with both VS 2015 and VS 2017) gives me errors.

I just got this setup today. It has mostly worked "out of the box" for me. Sorry, I know that's not all that helpful :(

Maybe look in Tools->Visual Micro->Configure Arduino Ide Location(s) and make sure everything looks right and it's pointing to your Arduino install.

The only issue I'm having with it is it seems to be very bad in handling library locations or I just don't understand how it's working. I have a custom Wire.h in my sketchbook libraries folder that basically makes it load the teensy specific i2c_t3.h library instead. However, visual micro insists on using the built in library. I ended up having to remove the built in one and replacing it with mine because NOTHING would make it use anything else. The Arduino IDE has a priority system and Visual Micro doesn't appear to do that.

Hello,

In transitioning from the Arudino IDE to Visual Studio for Arduino programming (because intellisense), and every program put in the Teensy 3.6 mode results in numerous errors in cmath, WProgram, _intsup, cstdlib, xtgmath and corecrt_terminate. There's about 52 errors in total. I've done this on another computer with no problems, but this install seems to have some major difficulties with the Teensy. If I switch to any other board, like the yún or uno, I don't get the same errors. Here is a sample of a just-created project:
How did you compile?
By selecting the Build menu or by the specific VisualMicro Verify/Download button?
The Build menu option tries to compile you sketch with standard gcc and not the Arduino approach.

I use VM/VS2017 regularly without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back