Trying to get the Color 320x240 TFT Touchscreen, ILI9341 to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenorjazz

I am trying to the PJRC's color Touchscreen to work. This is my first attempt at getting a Touch Screen working.

I am using a Teensy 3.2.

Wired it like it says on PJRC's site: https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341_touch.html

ILI9341 Pin Teensy 3.2
VCC VIN
GND GND
CS 10
RESET +3.3V
D/C 9
SDI (MOSI) 11 (DOUT)
SCK 13 (SCK)
LED VIN Use 100 ohm resistor
SDO (MISO) 12 (DIN)
T_CLK 13 (SCK)
T_CS 8 8
T_DIN 11 (DOUT)
T_DO 12 (DIN)
T_IRQ 2

I am just using "Example" library code to see if I can get it to work. The setRotation value is the only thing I have modified in the example code.

1. The II9341_t3 library sample - "Demo Sauce", it works.
2. If I try the II9341_t3 library sample - "Graphictest", it hangs on "Waiting for Arduino Serial Monitor"
3. From the same library - example "Onoffbutton", displays button but touch doesn't work.
4. XP2046 library I have tried all the examples, they display X and Y values on the scree, but touch doesn't work.

5. The last test I loaded was "touchpaint". I get a screen that says, but touch doesn't work:

X=8192
Y=8191

Basically I can get things to display but I can't get it to recognize "touch".

I am pretty sure I am just not understanding something.

Can somebody help?

Attachments

• touch.jpg
    touch.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 129
Check your wiring, picture is unclear but you may have mixed up SCK and T_CLK
KavDPZ0.jpg

Edit - oh wait, both of those are connected to 13? aha I thought one would be on 14. Unclear if one is on 14 from the image but doesn't seem so.

Sorry the picture isn't that clear, both wires are going to pin 13.

I am fairly certain I have it wired like Paul's example (see first post), I have rechecked it 5-6 times, but if somebody see's a mistake please let me know.

Can anybody confirm what sample code (Library and example) will work with the way Paul has the screen wired on his website. ie https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341_touch.html

Operator Error!! Turns out there are 2 versions of this screen and I bought the Non-Touch version of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back