New playback videos all MCU with FTDI screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

We already have the PRO library (Professional) for high-end MCU in STM32.
For example STM32 Nucleo F767, Teensy 3.5 / 6 etc ...

With FTDI screens, in this case I used a 7-inch screen, model:
NHD-7.0-800480FT-CSXV-CTP EVE2 display

This new library, in the state of contribution of Team MexSpa still in evaluation status, already plays videos, and not only videos, but with audio included ...

We leave this demo and soon many more news.

This has been possible, thanks to the MexSpa Team
Greetings to all

Looking at YouTube videos only, people will not be able to use a Teensy to play video. It is useless. There should be links towards the library, an example sketch, and schematics.
Besidesof that, your code seems to have bugs, one can clearly hear animal sound artifacts in the video...

Code:
Teensy support

Models Boards;  (This boards NOT support playback video (ONLY 2.0 support playback video),see Wiki)
Teensy 2.0
Teensy 3.x (5 and 6)

the 2.0 can play video and the 3.x can’t? thats impressive hehehe

Looking at YouTube videos only, people will not be able to use a Teensy to play video. It is useless. There should be links towards the library, an example sketch, and schematics.
Besidesof that, your code seems to have bugs, one can clearly hear animal sound artifacts in the video...

Not to be a false video, to be reality, I like to be able to explain ... the library, how to write, still does not publish, be private, shortly, MexSpa Team, make the library public shortly, do you contribute something?

Today, library GD23ZU NOT PUBLISHED, play videos ... with Teensy 3.5 / 6

this be clear?

Please, wait for a few days or hours ...

We are working very hard friends ...

teensy35.jpg

With this shields probe playback videos ...

Wait a few minutes ...

I hope very anxious that you tell me what is fake .... ha ha ha

one behind others, as they have doubted, I'll see if I publish the library ...

Yeah, that makes this a very borderline case. That's why I'm asking for opinions, not just deleting it like we do for regular spam.

Paul, this is not a spam, you deleted the message, but, know that nobody and I repeat NO ONE, from your group of friends has played videos on your plates.
What do you mean, if you do not do it, nobody really does? more than I could teach you more things in programming ... and if I had not done it you know so much ...

where is the video stored? teensy’s sdio slot with uSD card or is teensy just telling the display which file to load from another media?

Hello, more than a message is becoming this issue be a trial.
In a trial you would have to have a judge to start.
First, spam, then commercial, this will make you laugh. I wrote at the beginning and maybe not read, with the FTDI-chip screens you can and showed in my video that a teensy, play videos.

In my github, the GD23Z library, with teensy 2.0 plays videos and it is true, why not try before the verdict as judges?

The library that has developed these days called GD23ZU, be based on James Bowman's library, but know, this being the link; https://github.com/jamesbowman/gd2-lib, Christmas happens, publish.

This will be another fake or spam for you? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2084212109/gameduino-3?lang=en

Since they do not read enough, and let's see if they understand me now, here's the FT81x chip programming data sheet; http://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploa...des/ICs/EVE/FT81X_Series_Programmer_Guide.pdf, and read page 170 ... then, you'll inject the elbows and start programming, because this they know , true?

Then we go to the part that you do not know. They know and have studied the FTDI-chip screens ?, they have not only reached the ILI9341, as others I know ...

Being very sorry this situation, I know this message will be deleted, because here it is not allowed to come a new programmer and create a message of these characteristics. I had a lot of confidence in you because maybe the library we are using could help us make it great, but your concern has been only and unique, to make a judgment.

If we go to the commercial, I have to say that I recently bought 2 screens of 7-inch FTDI, the only screens are sold in the USA, in New Haven Display, and they know what it costs to import, how many in Spain? He has no idea A lot of money, about 190 € (more than 210 dollars ...)

It was said that we are going to charge for the library? ... we are not so miserable, we do it for altruism gentlemen |

Deduce that this message will be erased shortly, a penalty, make a copy of it.

P.S. By the way, and before deleting this message, read this topic that you send to the author of the library in the forum of James Bowman modifications in your library; http://gameduino2.proboards.com/thread/401/howto-gameduino-playback-avi-sound . Believe it or not, a simple Arduino UNO model playing videos and sound

Last edited:
this is a little too dramatic, it started as a spam validity check, taken as accusation, and has been sarcasm since.

lightcalamar, surely with 10 posts here you arn’t aware of the spam situation here with the spam bots, dont be so defensive but understanding, some bots post similar threads with links to other sites and whatnot.

secondly, in an open source forum, in general, advertising commercial products can be frowned upon, surely people are allowed to ask those questions when the author has unreleased source code, no one mentioned it being commercial except you...

thirdly, you cant just bloat out that your the only one who played videos on teensy, that’ll bring heat to the table and im sure Frank didn’t want to spoil his day commenting his work against that comment

Last edited:
lightcalamar, surely with 10 posts here you arn’t aware of the spam situation here with the spam bots, dont be so defensive but understanding, some bots post similar threads with links to other sites and whatnot.

Possibly ignore the status of your forum, I am administrator of the forum h *** s: // ft81xmania.com/ is where we write our progress and for you to see I have disabled the automatic entry of the link.

I understand you, but, those of us who are serious are not spamming anywhere, just, you find out my youtube channel would have noticed. We only make known our progress, and its some value, exist other worlds in programming issues with different screens

lightcalamar, welcome to the forum.

First. I think when crushing new people to the forums to save on spam becomes a thing then maybe the way spam is handled should be reconsidered.
Second. lightcalamar is not a native English speaker from what I can tell from interactions on other forums which compounds issues since native English speakers see odd sentences and assume its a spam bot....
Third. I don't see anywhere in lightcalamars posts where he is "advertising commercial products", he did post Gameduino 3 kickstarter, but he is not James Bowman and the library he is trying to highlight is based on Bowman's work with extensive changes to add features and support. I have actually used some of lightcalamars earlier versions of the library when T3.6 was added.

I have to say the FTDI chips are a breath of fresh air compared to having to babysit the ILI9341 to get any decent performance. Given time I can see DMA being applied to these FTDI screens and they will become even easier to use since they do suffer from the same basic limits the ILI9341 has when your just sending commands over normal SPI. IE having to wait for the commands to be sent before moving on. Luckily they have internal buffers so you never have to see items on the screen blink like they can with the ILI9341.

As Frank noted - he did video in 2016 - and last year VGA was working . . . nice if progress comes along - though those displays seem really expensive - it is nice to have options.

Way more Drama than useful info ... especially the fear of deleted posts ... perhaps deleting would have saved some drama but I don't see that has happened ...

If there is something useful coming here it would be nice to see it presented when it is more than a distraction.

True defragster, he did say something along those lines, weather it was translated correctly is a different story. At the point he posted I think it was more in frustration then anything else, he came here and was met with nothing but frustration. It was pushed off topic and has stayed there (just writing this makes me guilty also, but its sad how senior members pushed this thread around).

I think it would be best if lightcalamar created a new thread and this one is deleted once he gets it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back