New playback videos all MCU with FTDI screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it still looks like 99% advertising FTDI screens and self-adulation, but almost nothing specifically Teensy related. We still don't know if the code to process video files to display them on whatever screen makes use of things like DMA or DSP instructions which are special and more or less specific to the Teensy. If it's just about taking pre-processed bytes from a SD card and pushing these onto a TFT, that's nothing new under the sun.

Your post landed after refresh when I wrote mine Donziboy2 ... I was going to question the No Video before Frank did - but was trying not to add disruption/frustration - though it needed said.

It is nice when non native English speakers give a clue with a country listing to help appreciate language issues ... but I don't show mine either.

Indeed a new thread with a better presentation of usable info would be better for understanding what is being presented.

Be very logical to wait for your answers

To me it still looks like 99% advertising FTDI screens and self-adulation, bla bla bla and bla . If it's just about taking pre-processed bytes from a SD card and pushing these onto a TFT, that's nothing new under the sun.

(Je crois que tu n'est pas con, c'est la vérité?, alors ne reponds pas, fais la faveur)
Why do not you show me so much that you know, I have a problem with playing videos in ESP32? but you do it in full moon, the best the darkness calls you more?
Here you have the sources;

It is nice when non native English speakers give a clue with a country listing to help appreciate language issues ... but I don't show mine either.

I'm not an English native and if I go back to live, I never would be!
Those who are English "natives" always despised the Spanish.

In Spain, as in Mexico, remember these words of mine "try to sleep with one eye open" ... no you know programming

Soon, we will launch our library and this will be something, that some may bother you, may do harm, for being Spanish and you may not accept.

Time to put everyone in their place.

They will be the first to know about the launch of the new MexSpa Team library.

I have tried that you be kind, and on the contrary, to despise our work from the first minute, the English natives call it drama? , this goes in very serious, from this minute, they can not publish the library and do the dedication included, please be well and arrogant!

P.s. By the way, write in this forum screens other than ILI9341, be a crime?, infringe rules?
P.s.2 Thanks for your reply fiend Donziboy2

Dunno, perhaps I am too stupid to understand what is being said. Am certain that most of our august group would like to help this guy, but simply cannot parse the question or issues. Have had similar language difficulties with employer's Asian customers. The engineering community should standardize by using Klingon. Methinks PJRC products would meet the approval of the High Council.

I don't know what this is about, somehow this thread is quite strange. I admit, I haven't read everything, and I haven't understood everything (I sometimes have problems with English)

So, you programmed a video display. Can you give us some technical details? I think that would be interesting!

What resolution? (x,y, number of colors)
Which frame rate on AVR, STM32, Teensy?
Does the controller read the SD card or does the display do it itself?
If not, are you using DMA?- what kind of interface is this? SPI? Which transfer rate (bytes/seconds) do you achieve on the different CPUs?
For audio - do you use the Teensy Audio Library?

News

News.

June 7, Team MexSpa publish library where Teensy 3.5/6 playback videos .avi (with sound) here a preview of the future ...
and all series STM32F4x, Nucleo-F767 and F103x

Best regards. :cool:

I
So, you programmed a video display. Can you give us some technical details? I think that would be interesting!

What resolution? (x,y, number of colors)
Which frame rate on AVR, STM32, Teensy?

Library was published June 7, 2018 friend.

The resolution of videos will be 800 x 480 pixels, in STM32Fx or Teensy 3.5 / 6
Still be hard working, and there are no limits, in playback videos. I have only Teensy 3.5, be the same to test.

Problems arise, but solve, audio output filter example.

My friend @TFTLCDCyg and I (MexSpa Team) will continue to increase the capacity of this library, where after many screens, we will stay with FTDI, be very advanced screens, and be in preparation for the FT815x series ...

What a joy to have another toy and experience ...

Best regards! :cool:

The library contains 43 examples, from loading images, assets, videos, basic codes all of them working in any MCU Teensy 3.5 / 6 or STM32Fx

The examples files, all in repository and some in test in links.
Best regards.

P.S. Some examples are in 3D animation

Last edited:
MexSpa Team add, watch videos new function with simple 2 lines of code.

Modify library, with clearing the definition "FULLSCREEN" and then, user pass their own alternative. For example;;

Code:
  GD.Tag(103); 
  GD.cmd_button(430, 130-yValor+475, 150, 60, 29, 0, "tWIAT"); GD.Tag(255);
  if (GD.inputs.tag==103) {delay(175); 
  vfd.home();
  vfd.print("   TWIST    ");  
     digitalWrite(VIDEO_SOUND_ON, HIGH);
  GD.cmd_playvideo( OPT_FULLSCREEN | OPT_SOUND ); 
  GD.load("sout.avi");  
     digitalWrite(VIDEO_SOUND_ON, LOW);  }

Where to simply play a video are these lines (ONLY TWO);

Code: