Connecting Audio board to Li Po battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I need to connect the Li Po battery charger to teensy audio board. What are the necessary connections?

Thank you

Depends on what you need of course.

I'm having good experiences with the SparkFun Battery Babysitter. Good documentation. It's full featured and seems a solid product. Time will tell. It can provide verbose information over serial connection about battery and charging state which I like, being new to lipo. I'm using it with a 6000 mAh pack also from Spark.

On this forum I've heard good things about the Pesky Products charger for Teensy, sold on Tindie, but I've not used it myself.

Hello,

I need to connect the Li Po battery charger to teensy audio board. What are the necessary connections?

Thank you
For a Teensy, the typical connections are:

• Ground (the pin next to pin 0, not the AGND pin between VIN and 3.3v)
  • VIN
  • VUSB (on the inner row of pins)

Depending on the lipo charger, you would need cut the VIN/VUSB trace, so that USB power is routed through the lipo charger instead of being directly connected to VIN.

However, the Audio board does not have a pin for VSUB, so you would have to connect that wire directly to the Teensy.

There are 3 lipo chargers meant for the Teensy. The first two are from Pesky Products that meant to be attached directly to the Teensy (either above or below). You do have to cut the VIN/VUSB trace for these boards:

The Adafruit Teensy -> Feather adapter is meant to be mounted underneath the Teensy and provides lipo charging at 500mA. Unlike the Peksy Products, with this board you do not have to cut VIN/VUSB. Instead, the board will only provide power if the USB connection is not providing power. The Pesky Products board also has an on/off switch, which I find very helpful.

One way to mount it would be to have the audio board on the bottom, the Teensy/feather adapter in the middle and the Teensy on top, using long male pins.

Adafruit also has a lipo charger that isn't designed directly for the Teensy, but you can wire it up with the 3 pins:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back