ARDUINO-TEENSY v4.4 by Burgessworld Custom Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

paynterf

Hi,

I ran across this ad for a board that has an Arduino Mega footprint but is run by a Teensy 3.1/2. The board includes a crystal and coin-battery holder to enable the on-board RTC, and several wireless connection options including 2.4GHz ethernet and Bluetooth.

This sounds almost exactly what I need to upgrade my robot project, currently run by an Arduino Mega with a Wixel wireless shield for wireless serial connection to my PC for programming, telemetry readout and troubleshooting.

My question is, has anyone here had any experience with this product? Specifically, is anyone using the wireless or Bluetooth connections to remote a serial port to their PC for programming, etc? Or, alternatively, has anyone been able to connect their programming environment to the Teensy via ethernet (I use VS2017 Community Edition on a Windows box running Win7 Pro)

TIA,

Frank

Cannot comment on the shield, but over the air programing is non trivial. There are various methods to support it but all of them involve effectivly adding bootloader code to the program to get the hex file into flash. The existing Teensy bootloader only looks to the USB port so while any other method that gets data into the teensy can be used, it is a user problem to manage error correction, validation and writing without trashing flash being used by running code. Searching the forum or starting a new thread about over the air updates will get more specific answers.

Hi,

I ran across this ad for a board that has an Arduino Mega footprint but is run by a Teensy 3.1/2. The board includes a crystal and coin-battery holder to enable the on-board RTC, and several wireless connection options including 2.4GHz ethernet and Bluetooth.

This sounds almost exactly what I need to upgrade my robot project, currently run by an Arduino Mega with a Wixel wireless shield for wireless serial connection to my PC for programming, telemetry readout and troubleshooting.

My question is, has anyone here had any experience with this product? Specifically, is anyone using the wireless or Bluetooth connections to remote a serial port to their PC for programming, etc? Or, alternatively, has anyone been able to connect their programming environment to the Teensy via ethernet (I use VS2017 Community Edition on a Windows box running Win7 Pro)

TIA,

Frank
I bought the shield to use with a gamedunio3, but unfortunately other than booting it a few times, I haven't done much with it. Note, while the layout may be mega-like, it really is only an Arduino R3 shield, with the extra pins in the back giving access to the nRF24L01+, ESP8266, and SPI pins. I believe the on-air programming is only for the ESP8266 chip. The Teensy is programmed using the USB connection (unless you use non-standard methods to update the Teensy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back