Did I brick my Teensy 3.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spumoni

Hi,
I was doing some programming this morning and starting having problems. Specifically, the port for the Teensy no longer show up on the port selection drop down. When I plug and unplug it, I don't have the "ding" sound from my computer. I tried another Teensy and it works. Is there any way to revive this Teensy?

Thanks in advance.

Check for shorts on board:
Measure resistance between GND and 5V, GND and 3.3V.
Power through a 5V power supply, measure voltage between GND and 5V, GND and 3.3V.
Post your results.

If you can program another Teensy.

I'd program that with simple Blink like in this post making sure Tools / USB Type is Serial

Then pull that Teensy and put in the one not working - and press and hold the Program Button while plugging it in.

Then Upload the same sketch to that Teensy - if needed recompiling for T_3.2 if the other was not a T_3.2.

If that doesn't work - that linked post has the other steps that might get you running.

Fixed!

Check for shorts on board:
Measure resistance between GND and 5V, GND and 3.3V.
Power through a 5V power supply, measure voltage between GND and 5V, GND and 3.3V.
Post your results.

I just selected Raw HID port option and compiled and uploaded the blink program. I then put it into Serial port and selected the new Teensy port. Yippee!

I am sure if it is related but I was fussing around with some EEPROM code writing out to it. Maybe I hosed something?
Anyway it seems back to normal now.

I had a similar issue, however when I measured resistance between GND and 3.3, I got something much less. 5V measurement was OK. The blink sketch trick above didn't work for me, but I am thinking my board really is dead due to some experimenting that went astray.

I am sure if it is related but I was fussing around with some EEPROM code writing out to it. Maybe I hosed something?

If it happens again, please save a copy of the code. If you can post the code here or email it to me directly, I'll try programming it onto some boards here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back