I an having trouble starting out with Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Robertson

Everyone,

I am a ham radio operator and presently working with the Micro BITX radios. These radio normally use a Arduino NANO chip to control the radio. I have been working with some people who frequently update the bitx software. Now they have changed the control cpu to the Teensy 3.6.

My problem is using the IDE version 1.8.5 with the Teensy chip. I have success using the ide program with the NANO chip but after installing the latest version of the Teensydrunino software into the IDE program and selecting the Teensy 3.6 chip and the correct serial port i cannot seem to compile the Teensy sketches. IDE comes up with a " Unable to compile the teensy sketch" error. I have no problems with compiling any Arduino NANO sketches. I am at my wits end and I am not an expert working with software. Could you offer some advice. Thanks in advance. Dave KD1NA

To help you, we need a copy of the code you're trying to compile, and the actual error (or a screenshot). We can't see your screen and we don't know what you're doing, unless you show us.

It's possible your nano sketch is using AVR specific registers, or the library it uses does. In order for us to help you we'd need to see the code & library your using, then we could tell you what's causing it to not compile. Also posting the IDE compiler log here would also help us find the problem faster.

To help you, we need a copy of the code you're trying to compile, and the actual error (or a screenshot). We can't see your screen and we don't know what you're doing, unless you show us.

OK I did some stuff and found using sketches like blink I got the teensy to take the program but when I tried to compile the attached sketch i got the following error.

" compilation terminated.

Error compiling Teensy 3.6."

Hope this helps.
Dave

Attachments

• ubitx_I2C4LT_V4_04b.ino
    31.6 KB · Views: 70
Do you have a full compile log available? whats inside settings.h? In the IDE you can goto File, Preferences, Set Compiler warnings to all, then post here the complete log in the black box botton of the IDE window, the reason it won't compile is most likely written in that black box

It appeared I was doing everything correctly concerning programming the Teensy 3.6. The person who sent me the radio control software e-mailed me and indicated there was problems with his code. He sent me another revision of the code and it loaded just fine. Sorry to bother you with a non problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back