what is Teensy Wave Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryfungi

Hello everyone,

I found a github page, "jwayneroth/teensy-wave-machine: 4 voice drone synthesizer using teensy 3.1 and teensy audio library". I would like to hear samples of this and maybe build one. Does anyone know if there is any more information available on this project, or how to contact the creator?

Thanks in advance. :cool:

I couldn't find any way to contact the developer and I assumed it was because I didn't setup an account. I did so today and still don't see how to contact the developer. Any clues? Thanks!

One way to contact a developer on GitHub is to open an issue on one of his repositories if he hasn't provided other contact info. Seen that he has updated other repositories still last April, he seems still to be active on Github even though he hasn't touched at the Teensy wave machine repository since 2015 (when the Teensy 3.1 wasn't yet obsolete).

Edit: Why don't you simply download the code and flash it into a Teensy 3.2 plus audio shield to see what happens?

Before you contact the developer, put some effort into trying to use the code yourself. Don't ask someone who has chosen not to share their email address to give you samples of how their code sounds. That's just burdening someone was generous to share their code.

Hi Paul, I did check it out. I know it has 4 pots and 4 buttons, and an oled display. I saw your post after I posted to Jonathans github. It turned out to be ok as we are now conversing. Does there still exist a 3.1 compatible audio adapter board? Thanks!

Hi Paul, I did check it out. I know it has 4 pots and 4 buttons, and an oled display. I saw your post after I posted to Jonathans github. It turned out to be ok as we are now conversing. Does there still exist a 3.1 compatible audio adapter board? Thanks!

In terms of the audio adapter, the audio board does not use the small differences between the two boards. IIRC, the differences are:
  • The voltage regulator in the 3.2 is slight beefier in that you can draw about 250ma from it in 3.2 and only 185ma in 3.1. In particular, some things like ESP8266 boards needed more power at startup than the 3.1 could provide.
  • The pad underneath the Teensy for reset changed location between 3.1 and 3.2. This affected some Teensy shields that brought out the reset pin.
  • The pads underneath the Teensy that allowed you to get to the D+/D- USB signals changed location in 3.2.
  • I believe Paul added a fix so that having pin 33 low upon resetting the Teensy 3.2 did not put it into EZ Port mode (that could be used to upload the Teensy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back