Teensy3.2 + Nand Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akula

Hallo there!)
I need fast and precision sample playing for my project. SD card too slow for that.
Is it possible to use nand flash with teensy?
The mine idea - writing samples from sd to nand. Than reading samples from nand flash(multilayer) with serial commands.

Cheers

How much space is needed?

There is support for SerialFlash using a few chips though not huge in capacity - add a chip to the PJRC Audio card or buy a PropShield that has FLASH, those two items are in PJRC.com store for reference. Paul's OSHpark account has shared sample boards for multichip SerialFlash PCB's made for his test usage. Onehorse has had EEPROM Flash add on boards on Tindie.

I need about 500mb of space for multisampling audio libraries!!!
I have an "audio shield" & I've read about possibilities of SerialFlash.
If I'm not wrong, reading from serial flash is slower than from sd-card..?

Last edited:
Missed your reply . . . just posted this

That shows one of the more commonly used 16 MB Flash chips. The link there to audio boards shows a 256 KB RAM chip too. (Edit KB)

Not sure about read speed - it seems it should be similar if not faster than SD as it can maintain full SPI speed IIRC.

Either of the PJRC Prop Shields come with 'Flash Memory - 8 Mbyte storage for images, sound clips, and data logging.' That version is read to run for less than $9.

Last edited:
Teensy3 2 Nand Flash

It was just that the flash drive was not making a good connection. Ive hooked up a USB hub and attached the flash drive to it and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back