Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 3.2 / Adafruit ST7735 / spitftbitmap Example - Image is off the screen?

Threaded View

Teensy 3.2 / Adafruit ST7735 / spitftbitmap Example - Image is off the screen?

I just wired up a 0.96" 160x80 color TFT from Adafruit (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3533) to a Teensy 3.2 with Teensyduino v1.41. I noticed that the parrot.bmp file that ships with the example is 160x128 px. If I leave it at that resolution and put it on the SD card, things work as expected (it looks fine); though obviously since my LCD is smaller than the image, I only see part of the image. However, if I crop that image to the size that the LCD expects - 160x80, then I get a bunch of "snow" on one side of the screen. See attached images.

I'm using the unmodified example code (other than pinouts) which ships with v1.41. Here's the pins I'm using:

14 - sclk
    12 - miso
    11 - mosi
    10 - cs
    9 - dc
    8 - rst
    4 - sdcs

Basically, they are all stock except that I moved sclk from pin 13 to pin 14.

Here's the trimmed bitmap, in 24-bit color:
    parrot.bmp

Here's what it looks like on the screen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parrot-displayed.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	13858

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by randomfish; 05-20-2018 at 01:07 AM. Reason: corrected image dimensions