USB MIDI with Teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFuture

While I'm waiting for my Teensy to arrive, I've been trying to figure this out by reading the interwebs... I see that I can set the USB type to MIDI inside the Arduino IDE, but does that put the Teensy into USB MIDI class driver mode for good? As in, if I detach it and reconnect it later as a stand-alone device, would it still be recognized as a USB MIDI device, or do I always have to have the Arduino IDE open and configured properly to use my Teensy for MIDI?

Sorry if this is a FAQ... I really tried to find out for myself first ;)

While I'm waiting for my Teensy to arrive, I've been trying to figure this out by reading the interwebs... I see that I can set the USB type to MIDI inside the Arduino IDE, but does that put the Teensy into USB MIDI class driver mode for good? As in, if I detach it and reconnect it later as a stand-alone device, would it still be recognized as a USB MIDI device, or do I always have to have the Arduino IDE open and configured properly to use my Teensy for MIDI?

Sorry if this is a FAQ... I really tried to find out for myself first ;)

Yes it does, and no you don't need to have the IDE open.
The mode mode you specify on programming is kept as long as you don't change it through the IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back