Teensy 3.2 hack project

Status
Not open for further replies.
if teensy isnt detected (you can confirm its being disconnected via USB error/disconnected state)

you have a short somewhere, most likely teensy shuts down due to a short to protect itself (most of the time)

what happens if you temporarily dont set pin13 as an output? does teensy still disconnect after reset?

just a disconnect? you cant have a disconnect without a connect

can you make a diagram of where the connections go, and what those connections do?

I cut all my wires. I probably just broke it somehow.

Its not blinking with absolutely nothing connected except USB

Can you connect a voltmeter to pin 13? The black lead connects to GND and the red lead to pin 13. Set the meter to measure DC volts. If your meter has more than one DC volts setting, choose the lowest voltage range that is more than 3.3V. For example, if you have 2V and 20V, then set it to the 20V range.

Open File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink. After you upload this Blink program, the orange LED should blink and you should see the DC voltage change back and forth from 0 to 3.3V.

If the upload works, but no blink and no voltage change, then the board was likely damaged.

Can you connect a voltmeter to pin 13? The black lead connects to GND and the red lead to pin 13. Set the meter to measure DC volts. If your meter has more than one DC volts setting, choose the lowest voltage range that is more than 3.3V. For example, if you have 2V and 20V, then set it to the 20V range.

Open File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink. After you upload this Blink program, the orange LED should blink and you should see the DC voltage change back and forth from 0 to 3.3V.

If the upload works, but no blink and no voltage change, then the board was likely damaged.

Yep I broke it.

If the board is still able to upload, perhaps some of the other pins still work? You can change the pin number in the Blink example, upload again, and check the pin with your voltmeter. But the orange LED is only on pin 13, so you will only be able to check with the voltmeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back