Descriptor error 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcat101

Hi all, this should be an easy one for you probably, since i guess this is where the knowledge comes in..

The Teensy 3.2
Ive uploaded the script, use a jumper cable to check the pins, and they work.. a combination of the pins i test translates as a button press, as the code is designed to do. This works

Then i solder in about 8 header pins, as this is the exact same loadout as the previous project
Another test: Descriptor failure

Now, without trying to sound arrogant in any way: i know the soldering is good. I work in electronics and ive soldered more pcb's than i can count.. its a lot
Way of soldering is standard stuff, in and out as quickly as possible,between 350 and 400 degrees and looking nice, so i dont think thats the problem here.

Also, this isnt the first time this time around a Teensy failed me, i resorted to another supplier to take that out of the equasion.

Last time, all was good, buttons and lighting and LED's connected.. then suddenly 3 days later it died
Next time, same setup and route, it failed the next day
Now, with yet another Teensy, it failes almost immediatly: in the device manager i get the Descriptor error 43
Tried different cable, reboot, different port, basically jumped all the hoops and then some!

So... what is going on here??

The emphasis is on the fact that half an hour later theres no more working Teensy, while all i did is put the header pins in place

This project is 10 times less complicated than the one i did before with this setup, and that one works flawlessly

Im lost.. and more out of pocket too ;)

Any help or follow info would be massively appreciated :)

So... what is going on here??

Usually this error is caused by bad code which turns off interrupts or shuts off the USB port or goes into a deep low power mode (where the USB can't work) or turns on hardware that consumes too much power, or otherwise does stuff that stops the USB communication.

If you interfere with the USB before Windows is able to read the USB descriptors, you get this sort of error.

One simple "solution" is to add a delay before doing stuff. But of course if you're doing something that interferes with the USB, you can expect Arduino to fail to upload automatically. You will need to press the button on your Teensy to get it to load new code. That's why every Teensy has a pushbutton... to let you program new code if the old code turns off the USB.

Usually this error is caused by bad code which turns off interrupts or shuts off the USB port or goes into a deep low power mode (where the USB can't work) or turns on hardware that consumes too much power, or otherwise does stuff that stops the USB communication.

If you interfere with the USB before Windows is able to read the USB descriptors, you get this sort of error.

One simple "solution" is to add a delay before doing stuff. But of course if you're doing something that interferes with the USB, you can expect Arduino to fail to upload automatically. You will need to press the button on your Teensy to get it to load new code. That's why every Teensy has a pushbutton... to let you program new code if the old code turns off the USB.

First, thank you for replying! This is already 10 times more helpful than anything microsoft put up.. it really is appreciated!
So i should be looking at the code then? Or maybe the way i program the teensy
Looking at the code, that is unchanged from the previous project

(i should clarify im building a small console with a few illumiated pushbuttons and switches like the last time, only, last time the console had about 30 buttons, this time its 10)

Beeing honest, im not sure i did the programming part right

-First time i connect the teensy fresh from the package, the led blinks normally
-i press the button, and i verify the code again in IDE, then i click Upload
-After this, i tested with the jumper cable and it works, but i think the next time i connected, (after the soldering) it starts giving me the error

I upload, test ok, then disconnect, then after reconnecting: theres the error, so could it be the teensy doesnt store the installed software properly?
I have just tested this on another laptop, the exact same error so i can rule out my own laptop

So, does this make sense?
I think im going to look into the way i program the teensy and see if that works?

Again thanks for your time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back