How to wirelessly interconnect Teensy devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtrincado

Greetings!

I'm working on a series of synth-like instruments designed to be interconnected. They have to be able to talk wirelessly with eachother, or alternatively, to a hub. How would you achieve this using a teensy board? I've googled a couple of times but I haven't found any meaningful solutions. I'm thinking maybe some kind of shield?, but I'm not very sure; I'm pretty noob in the field of development boards and stuff. I heard of XBee boards, but I'm kind of overwhelmed by the amount of boards available.
I'd appreciate kindly the help of the community, thanks in advance!

Hi there!
You're right - there's a lot of options available. To try and narrow it down, a few questions:
1) What sort of data rates are you looking to push through the links?
2) How many devices are you trying to network?
3) Are these going on battery power? If so, what sort of standby power consumption is tolerable?

I had a reply, but I think I erased it XD.
1)I'm not sure, we're just investigating factibility. We're thinking of (maybe) sending MIDI data.
2)5 or 6, ideally being able to add more with time.
3)Yes. Not important for now, as we're just looking for a proof of concept. We'll have power consumption data later.

Sorry if I'm being to imprecise.

In which case, my recommendation would be an ESP32 or ESP8266 slaved to the Teensy, using MQTT.
Will be more than capable of pushing those kind of rates out, with plenty of headroom and flexibility.

Have a read into it; you will find you'll need a 'broker' of some description to host the system however.

Thank you very much! I can definetly sell that to my boss.
Concerning "Have a read into it..", what are good resources to get into this particular area? I'm sorry if I'm asking too much...
Also, thanks for replying so shortly. You made yourself a place in my heart for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back