I have a sketch running on Arduino using the following libraries
1.nema.h
2.PString.h
3.RunningMedian.h
4.extEEPROM.h
5.wire.h
6.Average.h
7.Adafruit_SHT31.h

I am having issues running on a PRO MICRO and I think the problems is in the SERIAL1 communication so I want to try the TEENSEY to see if it will solve the problem.

Will these libraries work on the TEENSEY 3.2 or should I just hook it up and hope???

Thanks
BILL

... and I think the problems is in the SERIAL1 communication ...

Although everybody should buy and use Teensys, I'd suggest that you find a detailed answer for your problems, first. If not, you risk to have the same issue with whatever MCU, if the code is buggy. The Teensy 3.2 has 4 Serial ports, one virtual over USB (Serial), and three hardware UARTs (Serial1, Serial2, and Serial3) on different, sometimes even configurable pins. Thus, you can be sure at least that there are enough serial ports available.

I have been trying to find the problem and I have posted on Arduino forum but I have not received any type of reason for the issue.

I suspect that it has to to with collisions on the serial ports and that is why I am considering the TEENSY. When using a PRO MICRO, the code hangs after running for a few hours; if I change the timing on the serial transmissions to SERIA1 the program runs longer but it still hangs after a few days. Using two serial ports on the TEENSY might solve the problem.

I thought I would get a head start on converting the code by asking of the libraries are compatible. Anyway, I have ordered two TEENSY's 3.2 for evaluation.

Thanks

Bill

Wire definitely works. The other 6 are libraries we don't ship with Teensyduino. Without links to their code (or even with), I hope you can see how it's not easy to definitely answer.

One quick thing you can try is to run the Teensyduino installer, run Arduino again, and select Teensy 3.2 from the Tools > Boards menu. When you click Verify, you'll see if your code compiles with use of all those libraries. It's still possible a library might compile but not actually work, however that is very rare. Libraries that are incompatible usually fail to compile.

Paul:
Thanks for your suggestion.

I installed the TEENSYDUINO INSTALLER and my sketch complied so hopefully things will work when I receive the TEENSY.

Thanks again
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back