FreqMeasure and Teensy 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanaGo

Hello,

I have just got myself my first Teensy, actually I got a 3.5 and a 3.6, but the plan for the first project is to use the 3.5.

I am going to be measuring 2 frequency inputs, both are under 1KHz, and most of the time will be 25-250Hz.

I have discovered the FreqMeasure and FreqMeasureMulti libraries, and I just wanted to confirm a few things.

In FreqMeasure, it states for Teensy 3.5 and 3.6, that the only pin that can be used, is Pin 3 - which is the same for Teensy 3.0/3.1/3.2 it seems.
I take it that means there is no other option to use any other pin, other than Pin 3?

If I need to measure 2 frequencies, what pins are compatible? Using FreqMeasureMulti I assume.
It has not been updated for a little while it seems, so the 3.5 and 3.6 is not listed.
Do I assume similar pins as stated for 3.0/3.1/3.2 ? pins 5,6,9,10, 20,21,22, and 23 ?
If that is the case, why does Pin 3 not feature in this listing on the FreqMeasureMulti page?

Please excuse my ignorance, I am not at all familiar with the Teensy processors yet, I have been using Arduino for many years however.

I am currently drawing up a PCB to plug the Teensy 3.5 into it, so I am wanting to get it as close to being correct as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Paul,
Yes thats right.
My question is asking if I have got the pins right, as Freq Measure seems to use Pin 3 and FreaMeasureMulti from what I can tell, uses other pins.
I am just putting together a PCB carrier board for the 3.5, and I have assumed the FreqMeasureMulti pins are the same pins as on the 3.0/3.1/3.2 as per my first post, as the FreqMeasureMulti readme seem to be pre-3.5/3.6, and since I have not actually used a Teensy yet I just wanted to confirm that I have the assumptions right.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back