Teensyduino 1.42 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like the article and video on usb touchscreen and changes to audio library. Guess something new to sidetrack me. Hard to stay focused sometimes :).

I spent 4.5 hours last night to make that 2.5 minute video. Arrange the lights in the room to not reflect/glare off the glossy screen for either camera was quite a challenge. Keep telling myself videos are going to get easier....

Well. I think it was worth every second of it (or hours to put it together). Really enjoyed it and got the capabilities across.

Keep telling myself videos are going to get easier....
Think we all do that for everything not just videos :) I always wind up with glare or a lot of background noise.....

EDIT. BTW just installed on my windows 10 laptop and install was no problem. Now to start playing with the new version.

Installed 1.42 on IDE 1.85 on Standard and TyCommander copies - both integrate and run properly.

Nice video - maybe the next one won't have so much overhead …

great video... (audio, not so much... keep the mic off the work surface maybe!)

I'm actually glad it took you that long. I thought you had some multi-camera/capture setup and some awesome editing software automation setup that was letting you make such a great looking video with what I assumed was the small amount of time you would be willing to spend on it.

(Windows 10 Ardunio 1.8.1 OK)

maybe the next one won't have so much overhead …

I say that after every video!

This one had much more setup & practice, since it involved Windows and I'm not much of a Windows user. Getting the screen recording was harder than it should have been. That laptop is too old to meet the Windows 10 game screen record hardware requirements. This one also took up much more space than a small demo on my normal workbench, requiring more setup and moving stuff around.

As usual, editing took almost an hour for each minute of output. :(

Installed TD_1.42 on my 2000x3000 SurfaceBook - loaded TenFingerSample code - installed FireFox and it worked there - doesn't work in Edge - can't bring myself to install chrome.
But only get repeating 4 circles high on button press not the illustrated 5. Set display to Portrait and still drew landscape offsets and only 4 high again - suppose that is the web page. But it worked, oh ... I couldn't get 5 fingers to work any better to manually draw a circle :)

I say that after every video!

Yeah - pulled that from your prior post :) Keep up the good work.

Paul - Just pulled out a new T_LC and plugged it in - indeed is shows "Raw_HID" on Teensy's Ports menu! Very Nice. I suppose you've thought to update new Factory Blink to build with the TD 1.42 edit to have the USB descriptor publish the Teensy type out of the box?

Does that change/make easier the 'New User/First Teensy' instructions regarding Button Use on first upload?

That occurred to me as I just added a TD 1.42 note to this post I share on 'troubleshooting'

Hi,

I've found 2 mistakes in Audio gui, index.html :

line 1913, instead of <... data-template-name="AudioSynthSimpleDrum">, it should be <... data-template-name="AudioSynthKarplusStrong">

line 1998, instead of <... data-template-name="AudioSynthWaveformSine">, it should be <... data-template-name="AudioSynthWaveformSineHires">

There appears to be a small typo in hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Makefile at line 56. The define -DTEENSYDUINO=141 should be -DTEENSYDUINO=142.

@alan242 - if you can get to that source file on Github and post an Issue Paul will be sure to see and remember it ... of course next it will go to 143

Also there's a typo in usb_desc.h an d usb_undef.h :

ENDPOINT_TRANSIMIT_ONLY should be ENDPOINT_TRANSMIT_ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back