TeensyLC examples>WS2812Serial>FastLED_Cylon won't compile for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbedy

Code:
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\WS2812Serial\examples\FastLED_Cylon\FastLED_Cylon.ino:5:0:

C:\Users\gibbe\Qsync\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:17:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.006

#    pragma message "FastLED version 3.001.006"

^

FastLED_Cylon: In function 'void setup()':
FastLED_Cylon:23: error: 'WS2812SERIAL' was not declared in this scope
  LEDS.addLeds<WS2812SERIAL,DATA_PIN,RGB>(leds,NUM_LEDS);

Code:
yada yada yada
Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "FastLED.h"
 Used: C:\Users\gibbe\Qsync\Arduino\libraries\FastLED
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED
Using library WS2812Serial in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\WS2812Serial (legacy)
Using library FastLED at version 3.1.6 in folder: C:\Users\gibbe\Qsync\Arduino\libraries\FastLED 
'WS2812SERIAL' was not declared in this scope

Arduino 1.8.5 teensyduino 1.42.

If I try to use the fastled version bundled with teensyduino I get other errors so I might be doing something wrong..
I thought this would work...
Code:
#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\FastLED.h"
But I get
Code:
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\platforms/arm/kl26/fastled_arm_kl26.h:7:0,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\platforms.h:18,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\FastLED.h:55,

from C:\Users\gibbe\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_363025\FastLED_Cylon.ino:5:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\platforms/arm/kl26/clockless_arm_kl26.h:4:46: fatal error: platforms/arm/common/m0clockless.h: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong.
Thanks.

What am I doing wrong.

You have an older copy of FastLED in C:\Users\gibbe\Qsync\Arduino\libraries\FastLED, which is overriding the newer version Teensyduino installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED

Arduino is trying to advise you about the problem with this message:

Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "FastLED.h"
 Used: C:\Users\gibbe\Qsync\Arduino\libraries\FastLED
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED

This is actually a "feature" of Arduino. You can override libraries by installing a copy in your sketchbook libraries folder. That's useful when you need to use a different copy or you wish to edit the library. But it's a real pain later when you do another project and forget you placed a copy of the library in that location which overrides all others.

Thank you both.
Is it an ide bug that my manual include gave compile errors despite giving the message that the correct library was being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back