Installed Teensyduino without Macfee, but no Teensy board in Tools>Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnwatterson

Installed Teensyduino library without McAfee virus on Windows 10 laptop, but no Teensy board in Arduino>Tools>Board. Teensy install says files installed - any ideas?

Are there multiple installs of Arduino on the machine?

If TeensyDuino Installs it found a valid install, and that would then show in the 'Help / About' pop up that shows the installed version of TD - it adds a version signature on that popup window. If that doesn't show it was installed to another version than the one being run.

I you can see that then something else is afoot.

Thank you. You are right. Looks like I may have installed the Arduino IDE as well as the arduino 1.8.5 version. Maybe I should uninstall everything and start over? What do you think? I do have the panel and tensy-octows2811 wired up so anxious to get going.

It is up to you... You could simply rerun the Teensyduino install on the version of arduino you wish to use and start working...

I often have multiple versions of Arduino installed on my machine. I don't typically use the Arduino installer, I instead use the Arduino zip file and keep a few versions. Currently I only use the 1.8.5 version, but suspect there will be a 1.8.6 version soon and when there is, I will probably do most of my stuff on 1.8.5 until we have 1.8.6 up and running smoothly.

... What KurtE said, I like ZIP installs too.

You might just change your shortcut to the one the has TeensyDuino installed on it and find that one to be current and correct and usable - or re-run TD install on the one that comes up with the current shortcut.

It wouldn't hurt to remove the unused one to prevent future confusion.

It is up to you... You could simply rerun the Teensyduino install on the version of arduino you wish to use and start working...

I often have multiple versions of Arduino installed on my machine. I don't typically use the Arduino installer, I instead use the Arduino zip file and keep a few versions. Currently I only use the 1.8.5 version, but suspect there will be a 1.8.6 version soon and when there is, I will probably do most of my stuff on 1.8.5 until we have 1.8.6 up and running smoothly.

Thank you, the uninstall/reinstall worked great.

Thank you, I think the problem was knowing that I had the IDE plus the separate 1.8.5 version and I could the Teensy did not show up in either. Says it installed ??
Anyway the uninstall reinstalled worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back