ODD/resolved: New Stereo - program T_3.6 not T_3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

defragster

Senior Member+
Odd behavior - had to button push to program T_3.1 on my Win 10 PC - IDE 1.8.5 with TD 1.42 with TeensyLoader or TyCommander - neither could SerMon connect or Auto Program and TyComm reset/bootloader connect was wrong/odd?

Plugged in a T_3.6 and it was FINE!

So my Android Phone connect App on the PC announces each arriving device by name: T_3.1 arrives and it points to my new Bluetooth enabled LG stereo [LG CM4550] I connected for speakers.

Of course I didn't read the pop-up the first many times - until after I pulled a T_3.6 into play. Didn't have PC on Mute so I heard the Arrive and all seemed well.

At first I figured 'Win 10 Update must have broken something' since I last programmed a T_3.1.

On reading the Win 10 popup on USB arrive from 'MyPhoneExplorer' I removed the LG stereo Bluetooth device and the T_3.1 programming returns to Normal.

When it was active I didn't capture the TeensyLoader Verbose - assuming it isn't seeing the device so it won't have anything to show. Since TyComm couldn't see it right either I assumed the T_3.1 was the problem - then a second T_3.1 acted the same { both happen to be OSH Purple T_3.1's }.

Paul: Is there any useful Win 10 USB info that might show how the stereo as Bluetooth caused this confusion if I were to bother to reconnect it? Is there any obvious reason this might confuse just the OSHPark T_3.1 and leave the T_3.6 working? If not for my phone app texting the screen on each arrival I'd still be wondering why my Teensy wasn't acting right. Something in the Windows device ID/association seems to be the problem. Would it make sense to add code to TeensyLoader when a USB path at one point showing 'Teensy' then appears as 'other device' on the next scan and emit a notice when on either side of a Button press perhaps? I suppose perhaps that would trigger on user redefined USB Teensy as well?

My PC is under my desk across my house from the Stereo [unless I push the volume to painful levels in that room] so I can't really hear it and the Bluetooth cuts in/out from distance so not a real use case. My phone has an LG app that give better Full Control and is a couple feet closer and is mobile, not in/under the desk.

Is there any useful Win 10 USB info that might show how the stereo as Bluetooth caused this confusion if I were to bother to reconnect it?

One of my greatest frustrations with Windows is the lack of useful logging & debugging info. Maybe Windows does have some sort of useful logs, but I'm not familiar enough with Windows internals to know.

Is there any obvious reason this might confuse just the OSHPark T_3.1 and leave the T_3.6 working?

Nope, there no obvious reason (at least not obvious to me).

Installed Visual Studio to run that RawHid program … missing a DLL before. Then installed Driver dev kit - those two seem to own 40 GB of disk space.

Created a 1.1MB log in a few seconds just plugging a Teensy in … using 'LOGMAN' commands.

Opened the log in Event viewer … lots of pretty numbers in tons of events. To log it recommends using RemoteDesktop if keyboard is USB - and unplugging ANYTHING USB not to be tested. I wrote commands to a BAT file to minimize traffic but didn't unplug anything so Hubs and other stuff all had input.

Another 6.7 GB of disk space to install Win Assessment and deployment kit - not sure if it has a better view that breaks out the numbers to known values. Will start the download overnight to see what it shows to see if it might be helpful in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back