Teensy 3.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhite

Hello

I've been working with Arduino Teensyduino and Teensy 3.1 for a couple of months already. There has never been issues with Arduino plugin. But now I can't see the printf message via YAT terminal (currently use this one) (and USBSerial). I'm able to connect to the terminal through YAT, but nothing appears. The LED is ok. Perhaps, I should try Windows 7 (I have Windows 8 now)?

Thanks

There is a sketch in this post that does a 4 second wait for Serial to appear and a simple blink sketch, not sure if that might make a difference? Post has other notes - like make sure USB Type is set to Serial.

Have you seen it work with the IDE's SerMon on the port? If anything else on the system opens and connects to the device it will be hidden from any other program. That post also notes another TyComm program I typically use.

Thanks for the video, Paul. Most likely. Is it ok with Windows 10? Perhaps need to buy the license for the future.

There is a sketch in this post that does a 4 second wait for Serial to appear and a simple blink sketch, not sure if that might make a difference? Post has other notes - like make sure USB Type is set to Serial.

Have you seen it work with the IDE's SerMon on the port? If anything else on the system opens and connects to the device it will be hidden from any other program. That post also notes another TyComm program I typically use.

Thanks, I guess it's a bug. Never tried the TyCommander you mentioned though.

Is it ok with Windows 10?

Microsoft fixed the bug in Windows 10. So if the problems you're seeing at due to this bug, which you could confirm by doing more testing and being very careful to always close the serial port with YAT (or whatever other program you use) before uploading or unplugging the cable, then yes, Windows 10 would solve this problem and eliminate the need to be so extremely careful to always close the port before uploading or removing the cable.

But plenty of other things can go wrong, on all versions of Windows. So if the problem you're seeing is something else, then who knows?!

First 3 messages were posted from 31.43.76.74. Last one with the spammy link came from 31.43.91.124. Those are all from the Ukraine, registered to an ISP named "KOM i TEX".

@Defragster, KurtE, Theremingenieur (& other "plus" users) - please don't delete this one just yet. I need a little time for this to sink in. Still a little shocked to see such an amazing spambot!

Edit: Komitex appears to have 14080 IP addresses. I can't tell from google translate if they're a consumer ISP, hosting provider, telcom infrastructure, or something else. Not sure how the best block this...

Sorry, must have added that link by mistake. Just wanted to include my Twitter profile. Always use VPN when registering on forums.

The thing you said in your first message that you've been working on for a couple months already? What is it?

Last edited:
Actually, I had a couple of ideas.
First, I wanted to experiment with the kitchen LED backlighting and create a program where I can switch on the main light and automatically the LED backlighting could switch off. But that's still a plan.
The second idea is about the intruder's signal. On the one side of the door there's a laser pointer - the other side of the door has the light sensor which is connected to the Arduino + dynamic and microprocessor. When there's an interfering, there should be an effect of a primitive signaling system.
There's just not so much time for all that. (and that's particularly why I accidentally mentioned the wrong link - I'm working on the tasks (theory and step-by-step guides) for the website).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back