I'm way in over my head here (TFT Display Nightmare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I've been working alone on this project for over a year now and I am close to having my final prototype.
The problem is I don't really have much (any) money left to throw at it, but I do have some decent assembly resources and equipment at my disposal.

My big issue here is trying to integrate a TFT display with my system.
Previously I've been using an adafruit TFT with breakout board which has worked nicely, but this just isn't going to be big enough for the final product.

I've got my hands on 2 screens from a company called kingtech, The larger of which is called PV0430H2Z0 and uses an ILI9806E tft driver chip. This is absolutely my first choice, but I am struggling to find a library which will allow me to run it that is compatible with teensy

My second screen is PV0350B2Z10 and uses ILI9488 driver, which is the same as the adafruit one I have been working with so I'm hoping that if I cant get my first choice to work, I can perhaps adjust the adafruit library.

I've made some breakout boards for both of these so I can interface them with the teensy, which I am programming from within the arduino environment.

If anyone can help me either find a well documented library to get me started (I've been digging through this but cant wrap my head around it and don't think it's actually compatible ) https://github.com/ZinggJM/GxTFT
or just give me some pointers on how I can get that library working you would literally be my hero.

Any thoughts?

Usually Adafruit's libraries work great on Teensy, though Adafruit doesn't usually optimize their code much so the speed isn't always great.

I'd definitely start with whatever library Adafruit publishes. If *that* doesn't work, please post a detailed report. Give a link to the exact library you used, and tell us which example you're running. If you've edited the example code in any way, clearly show what you've done so we can exactly duplicate your steps. Of course, photos of the wiring are essential. Don't be shy to show photos. We're really good at helping when we can actually see what you've done.

If Adafruit's library does turn out to be incompatible, I can work on a fix. In recent years Adafruit's libraries almost always "just work", since they've adopted a much more generic approach than they used to take, so odds are very good their lib will work without any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back