Postal Priority shipping -- tracking?

gwideman

Hi Paul or Robin:

In the shopping cart step3 page, the Shipping Method details says that US Priority Main does not include tracking.

Yet https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm#legal-disclaimers--definition--4 says Priority does include tracking, at least if you ship online or at retail. (Hopefully you use online?)

At any rate, if that ship method does in fact include tracking it would be worth revising that blurb. And let us know here please, cuz I'm about to place an order. Thanks!

For what it is worth, I ordered a couple of T3.5's last week and Robin had them ready to ship in about 20 minutes :D

The message I received looked like:
Code:
Your recent order with PJRC was shipped today by Priority Mail delivery. Usually Priority Mail delivers in 2 or 3 days.

Your package has USPS tracking number: 94055... 

You can track your package at www.usps.com. Please be aware this number may not become active on their website until the post office scans your package's bar code.

PJRC has a forum for TEENSY users. This is the best place to ask questions or share project ideas.

http://forum.pjrc.com/forum.php

If you have a technical issue, *always post complete code* and any other details necessary to reproduce the problem.

Paul posts updates Twitter and publishes new code on Github.
Here are the pages to follow:

http://twitter.com/PaulStoffregen
https://github.com/PaulStoffregen

I hope that you will receive your package soon, and your project turns out to be a great success!

-Robin
Note: I truncated the tracking number above for obvious reasons. But I would suggest order away!

Not sure when the 'no tracking applies' - order(s) I last placed end up getting tracking - even when not Priority.

Well I just ordered using Priority. The auto response email (from auto-Robin) says
Code:
Your package will be shipped by: "US Priority Mail"

This is a low-cost service which does not have tracking.  We
will send you a message when the package has shipped, but there
is no way to track the package and find out when it will arrive.

So I'm definitely guessing that it has tracking :).

Yeah, the web site info is shamefully out of date. You get tracking with both priority and first class packages.

For what it is worth, I ordered a couple of T3.5's last week and Robin had them ready to ship in about 20 minutes :D

Timing is everything. :)

We try to ship same day, or next business day if the carriers have picked up.

> You get tracking with both priority and first class packages.

You really should update the site and the email template then!

Although small orders are not in themselves major profit makers, getting customers to order at all is facilitated by putting as few speedbumps in the way as possible. When the site makes it look like packages won't be tracked for less than $11 or more shipping (and then for slowish UPS), it makes it look like buying one Teensy costs 30% to 50% more than base price -- which causes purchasers to save up their order until they need multiple units -- which they may never get around to doing, life being what it is. It also makes purchase through Amazon Prime look more competitive, even with higher base price on Amazon -- and I think you'd probably rather have direct customer orders.

Yeah that text has been there some time - always gives me pause when I order ... haven't ordered in too long - though I have had cart items a few times ...

I am VERY disappointed. After carefully selecting a shipping option that guaranteed a lack of tracking, and then receiving an order acknowledgement that further confirmed a tracking-free order, I received this email:

"Your recent order with PJRC was shipped today by Priority Mail delivery. Usually Priority Mail delivers in 2 or 3 days.
Your package has USPS tracking number: 940551[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]".

Now at usps.com I discover that the package will arrive on a particular day very soon. Where is the mystery in that? What happened to not knowing? This ruins the whole 1990's experience. Sad. :-(.

;-)

There's still *plenty* of 1990's era experience to enjoy all over the website!

But we are planning to update the shipping descriptions sometime "soon"....

Hello I didn't know where to post this question and found this topic. But Sense I'm in the USA Georgia how long would it take for a board to be shipped out to me?

Joseph

If you order before 1pm (pacific time) we usually can ship your package the same day. Later in the afternoon or at night usually means it'll ship the next day. We only work Monday-Friday, so if you order on Friday afternoon or over the weekend, it can't go into the mail until Monday.

USPS priority usually takes 3 business days from Oregon to Georgia. But the postal service doesn't make guarantees. If you need something very urgently, UPS overnight or 2 day is more reliable, but also much more expensive.

Back