Gameduino and AudioLibrary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo,

in this summer holiday I read the book " The Nature Of Code " a get inspired by the concepts of creative coding explained in it.
One chapter is about " Forces" (Gravity,Friction,Air and Fluid resistance). I was thinking about a project about grafic animations that influenced the fx parameters of the delay (time,feedback) in the audio library. Or what ever.

As a simple example: A bouncing ball affected by random natural forces that is visualized on the gameduino display. Based on the position of the ball in the screen (x,y) the position data are send to the function
HTML:
delay(ball.x, ball.y)
; that are used for change the input signal using the audio adaptor.

My technical question now is :
Does it make sense to run the display and the audio adaptor on one tennsy 3.6.
Or is better to use two teensys 3.6.
One(Master) that sends the grafic animations data to the other teensy (Slave)with the audio shield.

What one directional communication would be the best? USB MIDI, IC2, Serial,EasyTransfer... ???

THX

Typically in the world of Teensy and Arduino, you do not want to use the delay function that blocks the cpu. Instead, you want to schedule things to do in your main loop, and just check whether the delay period is over before doing the next action. However, a lot of the tutorials and sample code assume you are only doing one thing at a time.

In theory, you should be able to use one Teensy, but it comes down the to details.

In terms of the communication channels, it depends on other factors, such as distance between the microprocessors, amount of traffic that you will be sending, how much you want to spend, how much programming you want to do, the amount of error correction you need to build into the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back