Teensy board failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick Sapp

Hello,

I just got my Teensy 3.6 (with header pins) a couple days ago and it was working fine on a breadboard I was using. On a whim (not thinking it would actually do anything) I made a circuit connecting the Analog GND and GNG pins by the USB interface to the bread boards ground connector. Since then, the board has stopped responding. Attempts to reload the board have failed, and the OS does not detect anything when plugged in. I have gone through the process suggested for dealing with a seemingly dead teensy, but nothing has come of it.

Is there an issue in theory from having done this? Or would it count as unexpected behavior (or possibly be entirely unrelated to the grounding)?

Thanks,

Erick Sapp

After getting home from work I tried a fresh install of the Arduino and Teensyduino software on my Windows 10 drive instead of the Debian 9.5 drive I started on to ensure it was not a configuration or driver issue. Same results.

I did find that the Debian did detect some form of USB device, but I don't think it ever got past the first stage. It could just be that the boot loader/teensy instructions were also lost, but I do not know of a way to test that or potentially reimage it directly (if possible).

I will probably end up just ordering a new one.

Thanks,

Erick Sapp

GND & AGND are nearly the same thing but AGND is tied to the power supply conditioning components for noise reduction.

It sounds like it's fried but not from connecting those.

It sounds like it's fried but not from connecting those.

So it is a mystery frying? I can't remember anything else I did around the time that might have caused problems. Maybe I will figure it out later when I have more experience.

I wish someone would mysteriously fry some fish instead of my chips. That would be nice.

Thanks,

Erick Sapp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back