USB Device Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpilot

I sometimes have the problem that Windows does not recognize my Teensy and I therefore am unable to see the debug output from HID Listen.

I ussually reboot my computer and that often works, but not always. What is the cause of this? And what other procedures can I try to restore connectivity?

Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Teensy: Teensy 2.0 Version 1.20

What is the cause of this?

How could anyone possibly guess the cause from only this message?

And what other procedures can I try to restore connectivity?

Maybe try on another PC? Maybe use a different USB cable too. It could be hardware related.

Perhaps try with Windows 10? I believe everything should still work on XP-SP3, but no testing is ever done anymore on Windows XP.

Or maybe try HID listen on Linux?

Maybe program the Teensy using Arduino 1.8.5 and Teensyduino 1.42, so you're using the latest code. However, very little has changed on Teensy 2.0 in the last couple years, so I don't expect this will make much difference.

It has started working again, for some unfathomable reason. The cable's is good, I've used it for years.

I do have a Linux PC, but I never use it for Teensy development. I'll give it a try.

Are you using McAfee?

Try disabling your viruse scanner to see if that helps. I'm on Win7 and generally can only upload if i disable real-time scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back