Teensyduino 1.43 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Teensyduino 1.43 has been released.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

The main new feature is support for Arduino 1.8.6.

The installer now support a "headless" command line install. Run with --dir=<directory> to specify the Arduino install location, and run automatically without the GUI.

Several minor bugs were fixed. See "Teensyduino History" on the download page for details.

No changes were made since 1.43-beta3.

My intention is a very short beta test period before finalizing 1.44.

If anyone has any suggestions of stuff I should merge for 1.44, now's the time.

My guess is, it is probably too late for me to get my ... back in gear and try to get some of the USB Host bluetooth stuff I had working at some point good enough to get into the release... But maybe I will get inspired...

Right now diverted on other processor...

Assuming Arduino doesn't do anything surprising, my general plan is 1.45 somewhere near Christmas.

If the bluetooth stuff is just a driver & doesn't require edits in the rest of the library, let's get it merged. If changes are needed in ehci or enumeration, then let's hold off...

The Bluetooth stuff was a bit tricky... Could maybe be less so. But I was trying to make using it somewhat more transparent.

That is instead of having several new device types, like the USB Host shield 2 code, where you have different classes for:
USB Mouse they also then have a Bluetooth Mouse. Likewise for Keyboards and Joysticks..

So I started off like the HID code and the try to build in support to the higher level objects like Joystick, Mouse, Keyboard...

As I mentioned earlier, I had a version that was working for a remote keyboard/pad ... Later had some stuff working on PS3 and PS4... Difficulty is figuring out how some of these different devices want their pairing, trusting.... to work. Example how to setup to do a device pairing...

More info back on the thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/49358-T3-6-USB-Host-Bluetooth
But again I have not looked at it for several months... So maybe should wait until the 1.45 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back