Anyone want to collaborate on a Teensy audio effects "thingy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Hello,

I have spent quite a bit of time reading at the audio-design tool for teensy as well as looking at the examples but truthfully I don't have much intuition around what would sound good.

Tomash, built a pretty rad filter/delay pedal with this approach: http://tomashg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/teensy_delay.jpg. How he came up with this is a bit beyond me...

I have built hardware in the past: https://fuzzywobble.com/projects/diy_midi_controllers/ but nothing as *hard core* as an audio effects processor.

I am happy doing the ui/hardware/wiring/enclosure/code/etc, but def looking for some help with the sound design code.

I am happy to open source the project step-by-step on Instructables and hopefully inspire even more audio projects with teensy.

I feel just focusing on delay/filter/compression/distortion fx would be amazing. Open to other suggestions.

I would like to create something slightly more elevated that a typical pedal –– more like the Analog Heat or KP3+.

Let me know if anyone would be interesting in collaborating :)))

All the best.

I feel just focusing on delay/filter/compression/distortion fx would be amazing. Open to other suggestions.
I would like to create something slightly more elevated that a typical pedal –– more like the Analog Heat or KP3+.
I did some modules that might be of interest, until now they are kept in a private git repo.
The stuff that I implemented are:
  • phase shifting filters (allpass filters, added to the biquads as they only require other coefficients)
  • peak filters (also based on the biquads)
  • resonance filters (Eventide H9 style)
  • lofi delay chains to get much longer delays (on teensy 3.6 until 8 seconds, doing resampling)
  • sample and hold delays with tapping of bpm and sequencer playout
  • noise gate
what I am currently planning are pitch shifters, modulation delay, 64-tap delay and ultralong delays (looper) using SD-cards. I focus on the teensy 3.6 because of memory, processing power and sd (much faster than the audio teensy sd).
I would also be interested in some od/dist/fuzz stuff but has no priority.
Perhaps this is of interest to you.

This would be great, yes, thank you. It sounds quite advanced for me but I would love to see the code and teensy-audio-gui layout (if you have it)

I also found this: https://youtu.be/Is2dHl0MkUs which has some nice use of teensy memory for freeze/delay.

Hey Fuzzy and scjurgen,
Just want to add to this thread. Fuzzy and I met this weekend. I have a project called Tympan www.tympan.org, which is a hardware and software/firmware design that is directed torward hearing aid algorithm development, but I hope that what we're doing has some relevance to this conversation or any synth/mixer/fx based future tool.

directed torward hearing aid algorithm development, but I hope that what we're doing has some relevance to this conversation or any synth/mixer/fx based future tool.

I see some relevance by implementing impulse response filters, these are very useful in hearing aids and i.e. speaker cabinet simulation effects. I do like the idea of combining the two areas as there is a certain overlap.
This area will surely push the teensy 3.6 to it's limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back