Teensyduino 1.44 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using Macintosh and already downloaded Arduino 1.8.7, please be aware a wrong Mac download appeared on Arduino's website for a few hours. It's been replaced with the proper file now.

The correct MD5 hash for arduino-1.8.7-macosx.zip is: (run "md5sum Downloads/arduino-1.8.7-macosx.zip" in Terminal")

c45a8b283a3a61ad6ea45e1d7580a6d4

The wrong file had MD5 hash:

2e372253af9c40e6a9e6ebdf204238c4

I've replaced the TeensyduinoInstall.linuxaarch64 file. The copy uploaded earlier today was uncompressed, over 200 megs, with MD5 hash

e5a581533a397f42c67650be529eb3d4

The new compressed file is ~78 megs, with MD5 hash

191528b4df4f93c833adf8512c0e6ebc

Earlier I was having trouble with the ARM 64 bit version of UPX, the self-extracting compression used for the installers. Seems to be working now. If anyone tries the ARM 64 bit stuff, please let me know? Normally "no news is good news", but in this case "no news is nobody really using ARM 64 bit yet".

Just installed IDE 1.8.7 and 1.44 Beta 2. Install went without a hitch on a Windows 10 64bit laptop. Did a couple of compiles and no issues popped up. Changing boards back a forth between a T3.2 and T3.5 seems to take about 5 seconds give or take. Haven't had a chance to multiple boards yet. Serial.plotter works no issues - been coming in handy the last few days.

v/R
Mike

Been using 1.44B2 with IDE1.87 and ran into an issue with Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. After using it intensely for the last 2 days updating 3 Teensies constantly (don't ask :) ) I just noticed this morning that there are two teensy processes still running: teensy_post_compile and teensy_reboot.exe's:
Capture.PNG
Only reason I noticed it was because I experienced some slow downs with some apps I was running.

I just wrapped up the 1.44 release.

Will put this on the list to investigate for 1.45. Any info about steps to reproduce this would really help. I don't actually use Windows much, so I'm really depending on feedback to help reproduce Windows problems.

At this point can't really identify the steps because I am not sure when it happened. I can tell you what I was doing over the last couple of days with tonton81 and a new library he is working on.

I had three sketches open at the same testing CAN communications on 3 nodes using a T3.2, t3.5 and a t3.6. I used the same instance of the IDE and just opened three sketches from the same instance. Since I am working on a laptop I had two of the Teensies on USB hub. We were testing changes to both the library and implementation in the sketches. So I was really banging away at reloading the sketches to all three and then testing to see if the changes worked. Last night I was also working on updates to CMSIS-DSP and trying out CMSIS-NN and it was only this morning that I noticed that the two .exe's were still running when I noticed the slow down when I was using MS Notebook. When I looked at task manager I saw they were still running.

I will keep checking when we go through the next round of testing and make not of what I was doing at the time. If I can figure out when it happens, if it happens again (windows if funny sometimes) I will repost.

@PaulStoffregen. Just as a follow-up wanted to let you know I haven't seen the issue I posted in #7 occurred again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back